IGNORED

2600 Giant list Labels, boxes, manuals, UPDATED!

Philflound

I am curious however on the with and without black border. I have not written that in the giant list, nor was it ever noted to my knowledge for any game. I'm going to take a quick glance at what you may be referring to, which I think is the tv screen border. If you have a sample, show me one with and without side by side so I can see what you're exactly referring to. I may have to make modifications to the giant list on this. Thanks.

Yes, I was referring to the "TV screen" border around the "screenshot" images on the cart labels. Look at the scans of Skiing that you just posted. The first one does not have the border but the second one does. (The first one also happens to be zoomed-in and mirrored, compared to the second.)

Looking at the Tennis scans, the second one is not only more colorful, but also has added motion blur behind the ball.

I see what you're saying. But if there is already a difference, there is no need to point out the screen. If the labels, however, are exactly the same short of the screen difference, that is where the variation will lie. Pointing out a foreign version like the Skiing/Le Ski with a black border screen serves no purpose, but just makes more to read. If there is a black border screen on the original, standard label, then that will be a variation. I'll review my carts, but looking through many, I saw no differences.

Phil

• 2 months later...

Here is an all-French version of Mouse Trap with the sticker on the back.

Also, I have a Star Raiders variation that isn't yet in the list. If you look above the Atari logo you can see that on one version there is more of the green screen present than in the other version.

The version with more green present was stamped the 40th week of 1982.

I have two versions with less green present. One was stamped the 43rd week of 1982, the other was stamped the 25th week of 1984.

post-9692-1156356869_thumb.jpg

post-9692-1156356892_thumb.jpg

post-9692-1156356927_thumb.jpg

post-9692-1156356935_thumb.jpg

Edited by gamme

Also, I have a Star Raiders variation that isn't yet in the list. If you look above the Atari logo you can see that on one version there is more of the green screen present than in the other version.

I have two versions with less green present. One was stamped the 43rd week of 1982, the other was stamped the 25th week of 1984.

The logo and ATARI font on those two are different as well. I'll bet the 1984 has a sliding dust flap. :ponder:

The logo and ATARI font on those two are different as well. I'll bet the 1984 has a sliding dust flap. :ponder:

The scan isn't the greatest. The one scan makes the text look fatter and the other scan makes everything look darker. I took a digital cam pic to show that the logo and font are the same.

The difference is in the location of the logo. You can also see that the picture on the label is cropped a little bit more on the top.

The 40th week of 1982 one has more green above the logo and is cropped at the top.

The 43rd week of 1982 and the 25th week of 1984 ones have less green above the logo and have a bit more picture before the top of the label.

The colors are slightly different but I attribute this to fading due to age, so I wouldn't consider that.

As for the dust flaps, all 3 of them have the standard dust flaps found in the 1982 era Atari carts.

post-9692-1156364054_thumb.jpg

post-9692-1156364064_thumb.jpg

As for the dust flaps, all 3 of them have the standard dust flaps found in the 1982 era Atari carts.

That's surprising. Most picture label carts I've seen that were manufactured after mid-1983 have free-sliding dust flaps.

EDIT: I just checked my Atari games. I always assumed that if the dust flap went down then it was broken. :-P

You're right, though, alot of my 1984 date stamp games have the free-sliding dust covers. The Star Raiders is not one of them.

I also have a Missile Command from the 21st week of 1984 that has a dust flap that cannot be pushed down.

Edited by gamme

I'm actually going to review all my Star Raiders carts. I haven't been able to update anything lately. Not that I don't want to, but a lot has been happening. I'd like to get back to what I was doing a few months ago. I started working at the end of June and haven't had too much time. But I'm leaving this job and will be working in the educational system soon, so I should have more time on my hands and make better money. :)

So I'll be back in action soon enough. When I'm ready, I'll be in touch with my favorite people on here to see where we stand with variations and such. I actually don't remember where I left off, but can probably figure it out. I know I was trying to work on the 3rd party labels and had just updated like all of the Sears. I'll work on updating the website this weekend with what I have so at least that'll be up to date.

Phil

The other thing had to do with the Coleco carts.

I have a Donkey Kong with a cartridge back that has "Made in Hong Kong AE" and the label has "Printed in Hong Kong".

I also have a Donkey Kong with a cartridge back that has "Made in U.S.A." and the label has "Printed in U.S.A.".

I am wondering if variations exists, say, where no "Made in xxx" at all is on the cart back, but the label has "Printed in Hong Kong".

All of mine that do not have a "Made in xxx" on the back of the cart have "Printed in U.S.A." on the label.

The Mouse Trap has Printed in Canada written in French on it, but the back of the cart is a "Made in U.S.A." cart.

Edited by gamme

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Are there other Activision titles with this black border variation? Any idea which one is tougher to come by?

fishderbyug9.jpg

See posts # 99 and 100 in this thread.

I notice that in addition to the border/no border on the screenshot, the one with the border is also the more colorful style. Does anyone know if this is always the case, or are there examples of all four possible combinations? (no border + low color, no border + multicolor, border + low color, border + multicolor)

How about for other titles?

Activision is up to date to my knowledge on my website. As for those other posts, I still have to work on the Atari made section. I'm not giving up on this. Anything on the list with a * in front of it means I have a scan of the label to prove that it exists. As for ET, I have several copies of the small, fewer diamonds on the space ship. Though it is rare, it is not that rare. If you think it would command a premium, I would probably not ask more than $4-5 for it. I plan on working on the list again real soon. I had alot of personal things going on, but now have a little time. I'll keep you posted. So far, the list is up to date on what I've worked on. I wanted to try and finish all 3rd party listings first, with full scans of labels. If you wish to contribute on labels I don't have a * next to that I've already worked on that section, but don't have those variations, please give a scan of both main and end labels. Thanks.

Phil

Ok, here's something that I discovered with the Sears variations. This has been mentioned on later Atari releases where there is a . or a , after Atari. I've been scrutinizing the fonts so much, and it finally just bopped me when looking at Gunslinger. I'm updating the list a lot at the moment. The 3rd party section should be completed by the end of the week. Then I get to hit the monster of Atari sections. Just a reminder, there will be no new additions to the list without physical evidence, i.e. a scan of both main label, and end label, and if it's a cartridge mold variation or circuit board protector variation, I'd like to see that. This list went out of whack several years ago because people were just saying their variations without showing them. Now it's easy to own a camera or a scanner, so you can send me proof.

I'm surprised 5th Ghost didn't find this. He seems to be the master of Sears. Now he has something else to look forward to. I'm not doing an update on the list on the website until I finish the 3rd party. Also, if you don't see a * next to the label or box, that means I don't have a scan of that item and would appreciate it if someone can send me one.

I've done wonders with this list, as many of you know, adding any type of paperwork including manuals and catalogs and other little inserts. Eventually everything will be up to date. I'm happy to include foreign versions of any of the released games if they were made by that particular company. At the moment, I'm inquiring about the German versions of the Parker Brothers games. So if you have any type of international labels or boxes that is not on the list and should be, contact me with description and scans.

I'm going to show you the Gunslinger variation I discovered, so you can see exactly what you are looking for. The label version on AA shows a , after Atari and after Sears. My new version in my collection has a . after Atari and Sears.

Thanks for all help, input, and support.

Phil

post-1349-1158688147_thumb.jpg

post-1349-1158688172_thumb.jpg

Good to bring this up, Phil.

Many collectors don't know about the . , difference of Sears text carts.

I'm looking forward to the new additions on your excellent list.

And if you own any Atari label variation scans not already in our database, please do mention it.

As you can see, we're still working our way through Atari at the moment:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-2-...I-SOFT_LIB.html

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Good to bring this up, Phil.

Many collectors don't know about the . , difference of Sears text carts.

I'm looking forward to the new additions on your excellent list.

And if you own any Atari label variation scans not already on our site, please do mention it.

We're still working our way through Atari at the moment.

8)

It's the never ending quest to finish this, both yours and mine. I see you haven't reached Sears yet. I'm hoping the 5th Ghost can help me out with many scans. I PMd him a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet. I'm leaving Atari for last, so I won't know what you do and don't have, but when you see the list, you'll be able to note what scans I have. :)

Phil

Space Jockey Boxes

Is this numbers 2 and 3 on your list?

spacejockeyli8.jpg

The street address shown on the box on the left reads, "1515 Wyatt Drive." This one also reads U.S. Games Corporation and adds a line indicating, "A Subsidiary of The Quaker Oats Co."

The box on the right reads, "2908 Corvin Drive" and the company reads, "U.S. Games Corp."

-phitter

Thanks Phitter, but hold off a sec. I haven't passed Sears yet as to my images and I'm pretty sure I have all the others from Imagic already. If there is a * on the list, it means I already have it. I think I mentioned this before, but I wasn't going to do an update on the list until I finished all 3rd party software. So please hold off. If you want me to email you the list to see what I've done already, just PM your email address and I'll send you an updated list, up to date. Pretty much everything you're showing me pre-Sears I have. Trust me, I've been doing lots of work on this. :)

Phil