IGNORED

RAIDEN

Guitari

Hello, this is my first forum - I'm a lynx collector (jag and 2600 to a less extent) I just got hold of a copy of Raiden from eBay (see attached), It doesnt work :? I did get a refund but I was wondering what could be wrong with it, its in perfect condition and no damage is evident. It just comes up as Insert Game on my lynx one and lynx two screens. I tried cleaning the contacts with a damp cloth but still no joy. I'm sure it's authentic.. it came with it's original plastic bag and instructions. I bought it in a lot with Kracy Ace, T-tris, and Bouble Trouble - those ones are all fine!! any ideas??!!

thanks

Guitari

post-7413-1124026417_thumb.jpg

post-7413-1124026437_thumb.jpg

Hello, this is my first forum - I'm a lynx collector (jag and 2600 to a less extent) I just got hold of a copy of Raiden from eBay (see attached), It doesnt work  :? I did get a refund but I was wondering what could be wrong with it, its in perfect condition and no damage is evident. It just comes up as Insert Game on my lynx one and lynx two screens. I tried cleaning the contacts with a damp cloth but still no joy. I'm sure it's authentic.. it came with it's original plastic bag and instructions. I bought it in a lot with Kracy Ace, T-tris, and Bouble Trouble - those ones are all fine!! any ideas??!!

thanks

Guitari

911103[/snapback]

Congrats you have one of the rarest games made for the lynx. Good luck getting it to work.

:)

That's strange: it looks like you just have a bare board without the chip. I was going to suggest cleaning the card's contacts, but I don't think that that will work in this case.

911613[/snapback]

That's actually the normal appearance for Raiden (and Fat Bobby) cartridges; there isn't an external chip.

I don't have any great tips on getting it to work, though. The eraser contact-cleaning would have been my suggestion. IIRC, these carts are a bit thicker than normal Lynx carts... I might expect that to give better contact in the cart slot, but perhaps it's just a matter of fitting differently. If you have a cleaning kit for your systems, you may want to scub the slot's contacts, as well.

-MadSci

Edited by Mad Scientist

That's strange: it looks like you just have a bare board without the chip. I was going to suggest cleaning the card's contacts, but I don't think that that will work in this case.

911613[/snapback]

That's actually the normal appearance for Raiden (and Fat Bobby) cartridges; there isn't an external chip.

I don't have any great tips on getting it to work, though. The eraser contact-cleaning would have been my suggestion. IIRC, these carts are a bit thicker than normal Lynx carts... I might expect that to give better contact in the cart slot, but perhaps it's just a matter of fitting differently. If you have a cleaning kit for your systems, you may want to scub the slot's contacts, as well.

-MadSci

912042[/snapback]

Perhaps Telegames had several iterations of Raiden. I bought mine one year ago directly from Telegames US, and can advise that it definitely has an external chip. The label is also different from that posted above; lettering is red (caps) and is subtitled "licensed from JTS". Lettering on the card states that it's "LGS Rev B...SEMAG 2002".

thanks for your thoughts on this too guys... so it seems there's different cart styles for raiden too...mine appears to be 'black pcb' I never thought it would be any different from that but maybe if I'd got hold of a different incarantion of Raiden it mightve worked..i.e maybe my particular lynxes (1 and 2) dont like this particular shape... that said I got bouble trouble in this black pcb design and this works fine on both my lynxes... how confusing... its seems increasingly likely that this raiden cart of mine died a long long time ago... (late nineties!)

Perhaps Telegames had several iterations of Raiden. I bought mine one year ago directly from Telegames US, and can advise that it definitely has an external chip. The label is also different from that posted above; lettering is red (caps) and is subtitled "licensed from JTS". Lettering on the card states that it's "LGS Rev B...SEMAG 2002".

912054[/snapback]

There are definitely two or more cart styles for each of the Telegames releases. Some of their "late Atari" releases like Krazy Ace came on a green PCB with DIP EPROM. And their initial "post-Atari" releases looked like the Raiden cart pictured above. These carts use a TSOP flash chip which has zero profile and is thus hidden under the label (but not sealed inside the cart like Atari-made Lynx carts were). And the current style of Telegames carts has the external PLCC OTPROM on a black PCB.

• 1 month later...