IGNORED

I think my best score ever..

video game addict

:o Damn, a Space Invaders Cart for $11.  nice score! :o

:grin:

920055[/snapback]

There was also an unlabeled Star Stike cart! (hey at least I don't have to open my sealed copy to play now)

AJ, I believe the tee could be ordered directly from Imagic. Surprising there aren't more classic tees coming up for auction. This seller didn't have any other related items to it though.

Did you ask the seller if he had the snorkeling set, letters, or T-shirt? ;-)

920068[/snapback]

The snorkeling set was just a basic kid's set. It had no markings on it to relate it to Imagic or the game Atlantis.

The shirt was available outside of the contest as mentioned above.

The letters from Imagic would be the main pieces to have other than the cart and box

VGA, are you going to find a spare night scene box and stick the label on it? The box itself didn't have any special markings on it, just the sticker. There were no instructions, just the info in the letter pertaining to the game :)

Oh, and BTW, congrats on the fantastic purchase! :thumbsup:

I love the fact that Mr. Don Clark wrote his name on the sticker. It's just a little piece of history right there. One day a list might surface with the contestants names, but I doubt the chances are very good. It's nice to know at least one person who was entered. I'd leave the sticker on the cart, because it just feels right to leave it alone.

Edit: I don't know why I thought the original owner wrote his name. It could have been anyone, and the cart could have changed hands multiple times. :dunce:

Edited by Omegamatrix

I plan on leaving the sticker on the cart. I also plan on keeping the other Atlantis that I picked up from this lot. Those were the only two out of 26 that had any names on them. I don't know the history of them exactly, but both were together in this lot, so I'm keeping them both, and in just the way I found.

I wonder who Desmond & Don Clark where? Maybe brothers, maybe childhood friends? Or maybe no relation at all? :ponder:

But I don't really want to pull the sticker off, It's firmly attached to the cart now. It might not stay on the box after I go removing it from the cart, or it might need gluing, and I don't really want to bother with it. Besides it wouldn't be the original box anyway. I might create a new sticker & make a box for it, to put it in, but still leave the original on the cart as I found it.

I'm just glad the sticker was on the cart, otherwise I might of overlooked it!

And it was visible from the auction pic too, just so small and overexposed from the lighting conditions. Sitting right next to the Condor Attack fliped over. I'm happy there were no good pics of these carts or someone else might had started this thread instead of me. :D

post-43-1125283206_thumb.jpg

I plan on leaving the sticker on the cart. I also plan on keeping the other Atlantis that I picked up from this lot. Those were the only two out of 26 that had any names on them. I don't know the history of them exactly, but both were together in this lot, so I'm keeping them both, and in just the way I found.

I wonder who Desmond & Don Clark where? Maybe brothers, maybe childhood friends? Or maybe no relation at all?  :ponder: 

But I don't really want to pull the sticker off, It's firmly attached to the cart now. It might not stay on the box after I go removing it from the cart, or it might need gluing, and I don't really want to bother with it.  Besides it wouldn't be the original box anyway. I might create a new sticker & make a box for it, to put it in, but still leave the original on the cart as I found it.

I'm just glad the sticker was on the cart, otherwise I might of overlooked it!

And it was visible from the auction pic too, just so small and overexposed from the lighting conditions. Sitting right next to the Condor Attack fliped over. I'm happy there were no good pics of these carts or someone else might had started this thread instead of me.  :D

920521[/snapback]

It's funny though, that when you originally posted about the auction, I noticed the Atlantis II cart before I spotted the Ultravision game :)

Of course, I couldn't tell that it was Atlantis II, but I definitely noticed the sticker and thought it was a proto or something.

Thats a sweet deal you got there, despite what SKU says.. it appears legit to me. I gotta say.. I am a tad bit jealous.. I had done a quick scan of that auction too before it had ended, and hadn't seen either of those (gotta get my eyes checked!).

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet find--sweeter than splenda! If you like, I'll keep that atlantis II safe for ya...

Only thing about that game it that's it's very frustrating. It's collector value is its saving grace!

Other than that--what CPUWIZ said with the jaw droppin smiley is very much like my current train of thought...I need ta browse ebay more often.

The most recent ebay score of mine was linked to in the marketplace, but compared to this, it's like getting a gumball for half a cent. Big whoop there, but you, sir, have scored enough points to earn a free game!