IGNORED

Frogger label variation EDIT: Pics Posted

CaptainCaputo

ive found a frogger label varition and i cant seem to find it on the guide, its a normal label but instead of the water being blue, its purple. does anyone have frogger like this? i also got a barnstorming with a white sky and white barn instead of the blue sky and red barn.

EDIT:

post-7366-1125021329_thumb.jpg

Edited by CaptainCaputo

Sounds like sun damage.

There are different cassette labels for the official Frogger, though. While I don't see Parker Bros making different cart labels, Starpath did make different cassette labels. I'm almost positive this has to do with the name change.

Parker Bros would have never had to deal with that.

It's probably just a print run error -- either a colour mixup, the colours weren't mixed properly, or some of the red somehow bled into the blue screen.  You'll find that to lesser degrees on plenty of Atari carts -- shade variations on end or main labels.

917524[/snapback]

I don't know about the Frogger, but there definitely were changes made to the fake "screenshots" on many of the Activision labels. I'm sure there's somebody here who has made a study of them (or there will be soon!)

It's probably just a print run error -- either a colour mixup, the colours weren't mixed properly, or some of the red somehow bled into the blue screen.  You'll find that to lesser degrees on plenty of Atari carts -- shade variations on end or main labels.

917524[/snapback]

where is there red on the frogger cart besides his mouth? i know that happens on some carts but this a dark purple

pictures posted so you can see what the carts look like

918835[/snapback]

I would say the Barnstorming is definitely not sun fade, that is one excellent-looking cart. It's probably the first label variation, designed before the final program version was complete.

The Frogger is hard to say, it could be an error in either the design and print setup phase, or a simple printer's error of putting the wrong color ink in the machine at time of printing. It really doesn't look too different from my copy, which has a rather dark blue background (but this could be a case of color rendering errors between your scanner and my monitor ending up with a final display not very faithful to the original item - for example, on my copy the green inside Frogger's mouth looks lighter than in your image).

pictures posted so you can see what the carts look like

918835[/snapback]

I would say the Barnstorming is definitely not sun fade, that is one excellent-looking cart. It's probably the first label variation, designed before the final program version was complete.

The Frogger is hard to say, it could be an error in either the design and print setup phase, or a simple printer's error of putting the wrong color ink in the machine at time of printing. It really doesn't look too different from my copy, which has a rather dark blue background (but this could be a case of color rendering errors between your scanner and my monitor ending up with a final display not very faithful to the original item - for example, on my copy the green inside Frogger's mouth looks lighter than in your image).

918938[/snapback]

those are the actual colors the computer didnt change them in any way

It really doesn't look too different from my copy, which has a rather dark blue background (but this could be a case of color rendering errors between your scanner and my monitor ending up with a final display not very faithful to the original item - for example, on my copy the green inside Frogger's mouth looks lighter than in your image).

918938[/snapback]

those are the actual colors the computer didnt change them in any way

918940[/snapback]

You have absolutely no way of knowing what that image looks like on my monitor, and I have no way of knowing whether the image on my monitor looks the same as on your monitor or as your actual cartridge (and I have a strong suspicion that it doesn't). Such is the hazard of digital communication.

Maybe if you had included a standard photographic color calibration target in your scan, we could both be more sure. ;)

Alternatively, including a very common and colorful item that is familiar to most people might help and not be too much of a hassle, but I don't have any particular item in mind. Suggestions, anyone?

[EDIT - Here's a radical idea: if you have one, put a "normal" looking Frogger cartridge next to the odd one and scan them both at the same time.]

Edited by A.J. Franzman

[EDIT - Here's a radical idea: if you have one, put a "normal" looking Frogger cartridge next to the odd one and scan them both at the same time.]

918953[/snapback]

yeah i can do that....tomorrow. and ill scan the alternate copy of barnstorming as well,

what do you mean by you have a strong suspicion that it doesn't look the same as the actual cart, are you trying to say im trying to post a fake pic?

Edited by CaptainCaputo

what do you mean by you have a strong suspicion that it doesn't look the same as the actual cart, are you trying to say im trying to post a fake pic?

918958[/snapback]

I'm saying exactly what I said, please read my posts #11 and 13 again. I'm not accusing (or suggesting) anyone of faking anything.

Here's a hint: it is extremely difficult to get any 2 monitors to show all colors in exactly the same way - even when they are the same brand and model. Don't believe me? Next time you are in a computer store, do a rigorous comparison. Now since neither of us knows what kind of monitor the other has or how they are adjusted, what do you think are the chances that I'm seeing that image in exactly the same colors that you are? Since you can't see MY screen, and I can't see YOUR screen, neither one of us has any reliable idea how similar or different the colors look.

Just going by your words, what I'm seeing doesn't seem to match what you're describing. Therefore, in light of the reality described in the paragraph above, the first assumption should be that we're simply not seeing the same things because our equipment is almost certain to be different, and your image provides little basis for calibration (I don't happen to have any copy of Barnstorming, let alone a near-mint one with the same version of the screenshot as yours, for proper comparison).

Edited by A.J. Franzman

• 2 weeks later...