IGNORED

Which lost Lynx game do you want to show up?

The_Laird

Which lost Lynx game do you most want to be discovered or show up?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which lost Lynx game do you most want to be discovered or show up?

• 720 Degrees
    • Vindicators
    • Cabal
    • Ultra Star Raiders
    • California Games 2
    • Rolling Thunder
    • Guardians: Storm Over Doria
    • R/C Demolition Derby

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I think that, out of all titles listed, only about three were actually started ("Vindicators", "Guardian", "Cabal", and perhaps "720"). The others are a big "maybe", and I don't think that any code that might be found would be complete to the point that the games could be finished in a realistic time span.

I'm still hoping that another copy of "Metal Mutant" will be found. This game was apparently finished, but not released.

I think that, out of all titles listed, only about three were actually started ("Vindicators", "Guardian", "Cabal", and perhaps "720"). The others are a big "maybe", and I don't think that any code that might be found would be complete to the point that the games could be finished in a realistic time span.

Cabal, 720, Vindicators and Rolling Thunder were all featured in Lynx Log 2 - With screenshots etc.

I belive Ultra Star Raiders was to be coded by Jeff Minter and he started it but got too caught up in his Jaguar projects . . .

California Games 2 was featured in Games Master magazine here in the U.K. alongside Alien Vs. Predator, although it only showed screens for CG2. There was 2 one showed a title screen the other was a screen of the Jetski event.

Guardians: Storm Over Doria was in loads of Telegames catalogues.

R/C Demolition Derby - Saw 1 screenshot for this in Raze magazine here in the U.K. Was a side-on isometric viewed game a bit like Super Off-Road and was shown along side Ishido, Checkered Flag, Turbo Sub and funilly enough Vindicators.

Atari demoed/displayed many mock-ups of Lynx games that did not utilize actual working Lynx code, so I don't think that we can point to those old screenshots as "proof" that these games exist in any form.

I'm all in favour of unearthing forgotten Lynx projects, but half-completed (unplayable) games really have little attraction for anyone except programmers. If you're simply seeking to have all working product produced as part of an historical research project, e.g. in-process code and artwork, demos, etc., then I'm sure we we'll eventually find something for all of the titles listed.

The following is a list of the only games that I know to exist in a playable format on cart...that haven't been given a wide release:

"Evergreen"

"Eye of the Beholder"

"Lode Runner"

"Relief Pitcher"

"TNT Terry"

"Vindicators" may exist on cart, but I've heard that this just contains a few demo screens.

Edited by davidcalgary29

Atari demoed/displayed many mock-ups of Lynx games  that did not utilize actual working Lynx code, so I don't think that we can point to those old screenshots as "proof" that these games exist in any form.

I'm all in favour of unearthing forgotten Lynx projects, but half-completed (unplayable) games really have little attraction for anyone except programmers. If you're simply seeking to have all working product produced as part of an historical research project, e.g. in-process code and artwork, demos, etc., then I'm sure we we'll eventually find something for all of the titles listed.

The following is a list of the only games that I know to exist in a playable format on cart...that haven't been given a wide release:

"Evergreen"

"Eye of the Beholder"

"Lode Runner"

"Relief Pitcher"

"TNT Terry"

"Vindicators" may exist on cart, but I've heard that this just contains a few demo screens.

920813[/snapback]

Evergreen? The only thing I ever saw of it was a binary that produces a red blob

on the floor and you could rotate your view 360 degrees inside a room with

four walls and a picture frame on one wall. And a guy in a newsgroup told

that it would be a very clever Doom-like thing with intelligent opponents etc.

Or do you mean something else?

--

Karri

• 1 month later...

There's so many 'lost' Lynx games one definately can't choose. Howabout GRidrunner, Escape from the planet of the robot monsters, Jimmy Whites Snooker, Acclaims Ren and Stimpy or Man U soccer?I even heard of Blue Lightening 2.

The Lynx rocks- if only we hadn't stopped buying games for it more would have seen the light of day. No other handheld has the Lynxes quality for quantity ratio.

There's so many 'lost' Lynx games one definately can't choose. Howabout GRidrunner, Escape from the planet of the robot monsters, Jimmy Whites Snooker, Acclaims Ren and Stimpy or Man U soccer?I even heard of Blue Lightening 2.

The Lynx rocks- if only we hadn't stopped buying games for it more would have seen the light of day. No other handheld has the Lynxes quality for quantity ratio.

Not sure where you got this list from ..... :?

Gridrunner became Geo Duel which wasn't released

Man U soccer is European Soccer Challenge

Acclaim never signed up as a Lynx developer, only a Jag developer, although they didn't release a single game.

The Blue Lightning 2 you speak of is the Jag CD version.

Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters never planned unfortunatly

Jimmy White's Snooker ????????? I have spoken to Archer MacLean a few times (recently I sold some 2600 games to him and posted a thread in the 2600 forum about it) and was NEVER even thought of!

I've always wanted Guardians. I remember seeing it in the April '92(?) issue of EGM in the bookstore and wanting it greatly. Why, oh why didn't I pick up that issue? Have all other issues for that year...

How about Distant Lands? Anybody heard any news on that one?

- Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the are so many lost Lynx games ( I heard rumours of a Blue Lightening 2) but you picked a decent selection. Guardians storm over Doria looked good in screenshot, but I had to pump for RC demolishion. With good scrolling and right sized sprites it could be a serious laugh.

Well, the are so many lost Lynx games ( I heard rumours of a Blue Lightening 2) but you picked a decent selection. Guardians storm over Doria looked good in screenshot, but I had to pump for RC demolishion. With good scrolling and right sized sprites it could be a serious laugh.

956463[/snapback]

As I said earlier Blue Lightning 2 is the Jag version.