IGNORED

Why Collect for the 5200?

Atari Scorpio

Meh. I'm unconvinced. It might be fun, and unique, to be able to use a trackball on all kinds of random games, but there is a reason that Galaxian* uses a stick in the arcade, and Breakout a spinner. :P

*Yes, I know that 5200 Galaxian takes advantage of an analog controller, unlike in the arcade.

• 4 weeks later...

well for me it's kind of an AAA game thing, there are certain games on the 5200 that are just so damn frakin' awesome that I -HAVE- have a 5200 to be able to play them. Like 5200 centipede with a trackball, which I prefer to the arcade, to ANY centipede type game ANYWHERE. (and the 5200 trackball itself, the BEST home trackball controller I've ever played with, buy a MILE.) and Space Dungeon and others. Im also fortunate enough to have the wico 5200 stick that uses the keypad and buttons from a regular 5200 controller so I don't have to suffer the normal sticks. (only use the normal sticks for space dungeon, which they work awesome for,)