IGNORED

CC2 Sell Out Price

cschell

At what price would you buy a CC2?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. At what price would you buy a CC2?

• $200.00
    • $175.00
    • $150.00
    • $125.00
    • $100.00
    • $75.00
    • $50.00
    • $25.00

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Chad,

I sure hope that you don't take a loss on these.

In terms of a price a lot depends on how many of these that you have left. If you have a lot left you will have trouble selling them short term for $150-$200. You might want to wait until after the Christmas season before doing any large discounts.

I would recommend putting a pokey chip in your remaining supply. I am sure that this would increase demand. I wish that I had a pokey chip in mine.

If you have a large supply and want to move them quick someone might be willing to buy your remaining supply and sell them on their own.

You could try to offer discounts for multiple purchases. Say $175 for one or $300 for two. This might help to cut your supply.

The Cuttle Cart 2 is one of the best items that I own for any of my systems. Anyone who doesn't have one now should buy one before these are sold out. The Cuttle Cart 2 is a huge upgrade over the original Cuttle Cart. I know a lot of 2600 guys don't like the idea of playing the games on the 7800 but the fact that you can take this cart anywhere is a huge plus.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

No decision has been made yet for two reasons.

1) I had some (relatively) minor surgery shortly after this thread died down, and have been busy catching up on things due to the time lost during recovery.

2) I've had an unexpected burst in sales lately, which has honestly lowered my interest in cutting prices.

I also recent received a batch of boards back from rework (yes, it took a long time, they kinda got lost in the system.) I need to program them and get a final inventory count as well.

Chad

High quality product indeed! The CC2 is the ultimate Atari 7800 peripheral. In every Hack/Homebrew thread, someone always asks "when are you gonna make this game in a cart?!". With the CC2, you get to play them all. I truly appreciate the bridge between old (ProSystem) and new (MMC/PC transfer) technologies. Price may have an influence on someone's reason to buy, but owners cannot regret the purchase. Pass only if you want hundreds of physical carts for collection reasons, but don't pass if you love innovation. Hat's off to Chad for following through with a dream invention.

Hi.

No decision has been made yet for two reasons.

1)  I had some (relatively) minor surgery shortly after this thread died down, and have been busy catching up on things due to the time lost during recovery.

2)  I've had an unexpected burst in sales lately, which has honestly lowered my interest in cutting prices.

I also recent received a batch of boards back from rework (yes, it took a long time, they kinda got lost in the system.)  I need to program them and get a final inventory count as well.

Chad

953867[/snapback]

I wonder why the possibility of the price being lowered (possibly dramaticially) motivate people to buy it at full price in such a burst. :ponder:

Probably to support a great product or they were putting it off and saw his messages and decided to finally place their order.

It's well worth the current price. Wish I could afford an extra for a backup but I'll have to wait for any possible price drops before considering it. I just hope I eventually learn to take advantage of it beyond just putting the CC2 image I downloaded from here on it since its missing a lot of stuff I want on it.

Edited by Atariboy

I wonder why the possibility of the price being lowered (possibly dramaticially) motivate people to buy it at full price in such a burst.  :ponder:

957673[/snapback]

Possibly because a number of people who thought they were assed out of getting such an awesome piece of engineering and entertainment potential found out there were still some left ;)

I can't really think of anything in the classic gaming arena that was so great and irreplaceable that I gladly bought two at full price.

Edited by remowilliams

I wonder why the possibility of the price being lowered (possibly dramaticially) motivate people to buy it at full price in such a burst.  :ponder:

If people like Chad lose money on their efforts, nobody will want to develop new and interesting hardware for the 2600/7800. The only way the homebrew community can thrive is if people who invest their time and money receive at least some financial reward.

If a community decides not to patronize a store, the owner may decide to close up shop, closing out everything at very steep discounts. The immediate effect is that people in the community can get their goods at cheap prices, but once the goods are gone there won't be any replacements.

Many CC2 owners would like to see carts like the CC2 remain available. The only way that's going to happen is if people buy them.

Hi everyone,

Ok, since I posted this thread, I should offer some sort of discount right?

So I've created a coupon code for all you loyal Atariagers. The coupon code is "ATARIAGE" (no quotes, ALL CAPS). It's good for 25% off. Limit one per household. (And since I'm lazy the order form will allow any quantity, but I'll just cancel orders with quantity greater than one.)

Typical disclaimers:

Not valid with any other offer.

Quantities limited, offer good while supplies last.

Sale ends whenever I feel like it. (You'll get a confirmation page with the price before you commit your order, if there's no discount, and you spelled ATARIAGE correctly, the sale is over. :))

And to be clear, people who have previously ordered can order a second with the discount. It's 1 discount per household.

Obviously not the discount most were hoping for, but it's better than nothing, right?

Enjoy,

Chad

I hope to drum up some buyers for you in a few weeks, theres the guy at the fleas that has never heard of it before so I'm going to take mine down to show it off...

He just sole me a boxed hardwired O2 with all its paperwork and original everything but it won't work!

So he's gotta take it back...

Wonder if he'll get one...

Obviously not the discount most were hoping for, but it's better than nothing, right?

Enjoy,

Chad

961278[/snapback]

I consider it very generous of you. I remember a few years a when I heard of the original CC and it was OOS. I am glad I can get a CC2. I did not even know I missed out on the 1st run. I would have been interested in the Intellivision version you had.

I've noticed in a lot of the CC2 threads that people will say "...and one for a backup". Besides just paranoia of not being able to get one when they're sold out, is there any reason people want an extra? I'm impressed with the construction of my CC2, and I baby it like the crown jewels, so buying an extra wasn't on my mind. With the price slash, I'm reconsidering, but it's hard to buy myself a holiday gift that I've already got one of.

I've noticed in a lot of the CC2 threads that people will say "...and one for a backup". Besides just paranoia of not being able to get one when they're sold out, is there any reason people want an extra? I'm impressed with the construction of my CC2, and I baby it like the crown jewels, so buying an extra wasn't on my mind. With the price slash, I'm reconsidering, but it's hard to buy myself a holiday gift that I've already got one of.

961819[/snapback]

I think the CC2 is the best functional product you could have for your Atari and it probably won't be easily topped in the near future. So even if it lasts 5 or 10 years with no problems I'm betting people are getting a backup for 10 years down the road when I'm fairly sure they won't be available NIB :)

That said I haven't picked up a backup :|

Edited by oesii

10 years down the road when I'm fairly sure they won't be available NIB :)

NIB? You mean that lovely brown shipping box they come in? :D

Seeing this I just had to comment on the ebay auctions I see for Cuttle Carts and Intellicarts that emphasize they come in their original packaging. Seeing as the original packaging was a ziploc bag, it doesn't seem to really enhance the value that much in my eyes. (And how do we know that's the *original* ziploc bag and not a reproduction???) :D

Chad or Curt or, uh Craig...oh one of those one syllable C names.

In a strangely silly mood.

Someone mentioned adding pokey chips to the remaining CC2's.

I'm considering buying one (spent all my $$$ on bike parts, though) and I wondered if I could buy a POKEY from you and have it shipped with the CC2.

If you have a few POKEYs and havent marketed them, now's a good time to sell them with the CC2's, even if they aren't yet installed.