IGNORED

Why do 7800 consoles sell for so much?

Bill Brasky

I just picked up my first 7800 from shopgoodwill.com for a total of $12 shipped. It was bare, no sticks, RF, no PS. I got a new PS from atariguide.com for $13 total and I had plenty of spare RF cables. I already had 3 games and just made deals with some fine AA folks for 14 more for a total of $23. I had a proline stick already but I prefer my CV SA stick that I use with it. The only weird thing with mine is the power button is messed up. It's always on. To switch carts I have to hold down the button while I make the switch. Not a big deal to me. The PS is on a power strip so when I'm done playing I just shut off the power strip.

So my total is $48 for a working system and 14 games. Not too bad imho.

Edited by joeybastard

The power switch on mine is a little funky, too. I have to ensure the system is off completely before yanking the cart. Sometimes it will turn right back on after I release the switch.

Seems like most of the console controls can be sluggish at times, but I just figured it's probably a characteristic of the 7800.

There aren't any games in my collection my 7800 doesn't play (it has Robot Tank and a SuperCharger), so I'll accept its quirks any day.