IGNORED

Atari Aracde Games NOT Converted To Lynx

The_Laird

Which of these Atari arcade games would most liked to have seen added to the Lynx's already great coin-op conversions?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Atari arcade games would most liked to have seen added to the Lynx's already great coin-op conversions?

• Guardians Of The Hood
    • Blasteroids
    • Tempest
    • Skull & Crossbones
    • R.B.I Baseball
    • Super Sprint
    • Gauntlet 2
    • Race Drivin'
    • Shuuz
    • Toobin'
    • Super Breakout
    • Road Runner

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Here's an intresting poll for you. Which of these 12 Atari arcade games would you most like to have seen added to the Lynx's already great arcade conversions such as Roadblasters, Klax, STUN Runner and XYbots. I've not included any games that were planned/exist in proto. My vote goes to Gauntlet 2!

Super Breakout would be okay, but the controls are what you'd have to be careful with. I've seen some Breakout-ish games (e.g., Woody Pop on Game Gear) use a button to speed up/slow down (a la Qix). Maybe that'd be the best way to go with it.

Rugxulo (feels bad that Super Breakout hasn't gotten any votes yet)

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up voting for toobin, only because I really liked that game and haven't found it anywhere else yet. Tempest would be a better game but I hate playing tempest like games on a d-pad. It really needs the spinner or at least an analog joystick.

Hello!

Dude, where's Marble Madness?

Didn't somebody start this for the Lynx? That's the reason I didn't include it!

956135[/snapback]

Years ago i had worked on a MarbleMadness-like game, see here: http://www.mdgames.de/lynx_eng.htm

Best regards

Matthias

956307[/snapback]

It would be nice to see this finished!

You know, I consider myself an avid arcade guru but I had never even heard of Guardians of the Hood before today. For that matter I've never seen that game anywhere!!

Ok, so my vote would go to Escape From the Planet of the Robot Monsters but since it didn't make it to the list it would be Blasteroids. I love that game.

You know, I consider myself an avid arcade guru but I had never even heard of Guardians of the Hood before today. For that matter I've never seen that game anywhere!!

Ok, so my vote would go to Escape From the Planet of the Robot Monsters but since it didn't make it to the list it would be Blasteroids. I love that game.

961303[/snapback]

I did actully mean to include E.F.T.P.O.T.R.M and Badlands but for some reason forgot when I was typing the topic up! :dunce:

Guardians Of The Hood was a Final Fight style scrolling beat 'em up using the Pit-Fighter engine so had totaly digitised graphics and loads of scaling. I used to play it loads back in the day. Don't know how widely distributed it was but I saw it in the U.K. all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Aside from Tempest, that's a pretty weak selection of games frankly (I voted for Skull & Crossbones myself)... Marble Madness and Escape From the Planet of the Robot Monsters would be great choices. Vindicators would have gotten my vote, but I guess that was left out due to the fact that Atari was already working on it? And while we're mentioning somewhat obscure Atari arcade games, how about Space Lords? With the scaling abilities the Lynx had, I bet a decent version of that could had been done.

--Zero

There is actually one game I would like to see converted to Lynx.

Amiga had a very nice board game called Hero Quest. There you

took turns and had 4 characters (barbarian, dwarf, elf and wizard).

The music had a hypnotic, but pleasant effect and playing a mission

took about an hour.

It would be a great 1-4 player game where you could take turns

by passing the Lynx around.

(turn = move and action, action = search/fight/cast spell)

The enemy had no intelligence whatsoever and the game was very

simple but fun to play with young kids.

--

Karri

PS. I include an image about it that I found on the net.

post-2099-1133340919_thumb.png

There is actually one game I would like to see converted to Lynx. Amiga had a very nice board game called Hero Quest.

974084[/snapback]

Pretty sure there was an Atari ST version too. I have (or had) the original board game. I dunno where it ran off to. I used to play it with my pal, and we made bunches of maps with my ST. I probably still have those on the hard drive.

Cool game. Wonder how it would work on the Lynx though...

There is actually one game I would like to see converted to Lynx. Amiga had a very nice board game called Hero Quest.

974084[/snapback]

Pretty sure there was an Atari ST version too. I have (or had) the original board game. I dunno where it ran off to. I used to play it with my pal, and we made bunches of maps with my ST. I probably still have those on the hard drive.

Cool game. Wonder how it would work on the Lynx though...

974092[/snapback]

I had the original board game Hero Quest too! And I also have this old game for my PC. It's developed by Gremlin I think.

I agree it would be a excellent game for the Lynx. :)

Edited by SwedenLynxer

I had the original board game Hero Quest too! And I also have this old game for my PC. It's developed by Gremlin I think.

I agree it would be a excellent game for the Lynx. :)

974167[/snapback]

Actually I did a raw conversion to 160 by 102 pixels, 16 colors in Gimp and it looks nice in the Lynx resolution.

But of course some graphics artist should redo the sprites to fit the Lynx and a new storyline would be great too. Some kind of cartoons and music to create the Hero Quest mood.

--

Karri

post-2099-1133418691.png