IGNORED

Atari Aracde Games NOT Converted To Lynx

The_Laird

Which of these Atari arcade games would most liked to have seen added to the Lynx's already great coin-op conversions?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Atari arcade games would most liked to have seen added to the Lynx's already great coin-op conversions?

• Guardians Of The Hood
    • Blasteroids
    • Tempest
    • Skull & Crossbones
    • R.B.I Baseball
    • Super Sprint
    • Gauntlet 2
    • Race Drivin'
    • Shuuz
    • Toobin'
    • Super Breakout
    • Road Runner

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

That looks nice and detailed Karri, when do you expect to finish this project? :)

Or are you still working on something else?

974960[/snapback]

The graphics made by Gremlin is nice and detailed. But beyond my skills. I have found several original and home made adventures for this board game and lots of code in usable format for a Lynx. So it could be made fairly fast. But to create graphics similar to the screenshot I posted you need talents that I lack.

There is actually one guy in Holland that is extremely talented as graphics goes. He has made a great version for the PC.

Hero Quest on Windows

If I start working on this then I hope to be able to remain compatible with his adventure scripts.

Besides, do you prefer an isometric display like in the screenshot I posted or should it be top down like in the link here?

--

Karri

I checked the Games Workshop legal pages and was a bit surprised that they actually allow people to make total conversions of their intellectual property games as long as they are not commercial releases. Scanning in images from their board game is clearly forbidden. The same is true for character names in their stories. But the idea of how the board game is played can be used.

But they also let their trademark Hero Quest drop in 2003 and it is now picked up by another company who registered it in the US only for a completely different product.

As I live in Europe I checked the trademark databases here and it is not registered so it can be called Hero Quest as long as it is developed on this side of the pond and nobody bothers to register it.

So this means that a Lynx based board game could be created and distributed as an lnx-image for free without legal problems.

--

Karri