IGNORED

Calling all couples!

keilbaca

The game? Centipede. The modes? Standard, team play. Grab your significant other, fire up centipede and play!

Try and top this: 68425

952879[/snapback]

My wife and I are soon to be the TG record holders as soon as I get the score verified. Our score is 750,000 + and that is an average game. I'll have to ask the wife what our best score is. Gotta play for an hour or 2 to get that score, or at least we do. You can live off the free plays after a while just from racking up your score.

This ought to be done for Asteroids, too.

Though I'm not, well, involved, I do have female friends (purely platonic there...)--I tried to recruit one of them a few minutes ago for this challenge.

953291[/snapback]

Good man!! You might get a date with a good enough score..lol..jk :P

The game? Centipede. The modes? Standard, team play. Grab your significant other, fire up centipede and play!

Try and top this: 68425

952879[/snapback]

My wife and I are soon to be the TG record holders as soon as I get the score verified. Our score is 750,000 + and that is an average game. I'll have to ask the wife what our best score is. Gotta play for an hour or 2 to get that score, or at least we do. You can live off the free plays after a while just from racking up your score.

953071[/snapback]

Awww that's not cool... seriously, share some tips...

953527[/snapback]

Just play the game. I'm no pro or anything. Only thing I can say is I use the cx-78 joypad and my Wife uses a cx-80 trackball. We just play the game. She clears the playfield of the mushrooms and I kill all the centopedes & spiders or visa versa.

953527[/snapback]

Just play the game. I'm no pro or anything. Only thing I can say is I use the cx-78 joypad and my Wife uses a cx-80 trackball. We just play the game. She clears the playfield of the mushrooms and I kill all the centopedes & spiders or visa versa.

953530[/snapback]

Hehe that's how Catie and I do it. We both use converted space invaders 5 in 1 joysticks to play on it, although she did better with a CX-40. So, when we play again, she gets the CX-40 and I'm sticking to the space invaders stick.

Seeing as how it's only my second time playing the game, I'm happy I didn't lose all of our lives in the first minute or so. ^_^

Seriously, though, even though I'm really, really new to the game, it's fast becoming my favourite, and I'm working on picking up on it.

I have a huge disadvantage compared to K, because I didn't grow up playing Atari games, I never owned one, I didn't even know anyone who owned one. I had never played any Atari games, ever, until I met K. (Well, I played a weird computer version of Space Invaders, but that does not count.)

So this is all very new to me. How to hold a joystick is one of the main problems. Once I feel like it's more responsive to my movements (or once I just learn how to adapt to it), I know that will help my playing tremendously. And K is inordinately patient with me. -Beams.-

~Me~

• 2 weeks later...