IGNORED

If Atari made 'blue' labels for the 5200...

PacManPlus

Somebody mentioned in another thread about what the 5200 'blue label' equivalent of the 2600 'red label' might look like, so I took a stab at it... I like it!

Think it would have been pretty close? :)

P.S. - I 'borrowed' AtariBoy's pictures for these labels ;)

post-1787-1130294339_thumb.jpg

post-1787-1130294390_thumb.jpg

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 2

I like em'!

Although there's something special about the burgandy red and those label games. They just look very... upscale or something... It's like how the uniforms looked in Star Trek II vs. Star Trek: TMP. (Red vs. Blue too!)

I don't think any color would look as nice as the red labels but your blues are nice too. ;)

End labels!!!1!!@!@!!!one!!111!

954456[/snapback]

Thanks guys :)

Yes, I put end labels on all of my 5200 games; it just makes it easier to store. ;)

@JB - Your'e probably right; a darker blue should have been chosen. After all, they used a dark red (almost maroon) on the 2600 carts... Plus, I think it would make them look a bit less... cartoonish?

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

The blue labels look great, kind of reminds me of the Adventure II label, which is also blue (there is a picture of it here). Not sure about the end labels, though, but I can understand why you added them. The lack of end labels on Atari's 5200 carts is so indicative of the 5200 in general. Everything was over-engineered but little thought was given to ergonomics.

..Al

Those look great! I think the flash has lighten them a bit when taking the picture, looks dark, but not navy dark. Anyway, to fix the color printing, make sure you are using a PostScript driver for your printer if available. It helped a lot when printing with my new Dell Color Laser. Worse time I had with printing was the greys would be greenish until I fixed it with the driver for color matching.

Would love to see the Publisher template also. You made the template for my labels?

Thanks,

Corey

Those look great!  I think the flash has lighten them a bit when taking the picture, looks dark, but not navy dark.  Anyway, to fix the color printing, make sure you are using a PostScript driver for your printer if available.  It helped a lot when printing with my new Dell Color Laser.  Worse time I had with printing was the greys would be greenish until I fixed it with the driver for color matching.

Would love to see the Publisher template also.  You made the template for my labels?

Thanks,

Corey

955217[/snapback]

Hey Corey!

I don't think I have a PostScript drive for my Epson Stylus Photo R200, but I'll check :)

BTW, I might be picking up a Dell Color Laser soon (which is why I haven't brought up trading my labels in again) ;)

Did you ever get the Inkjet compatable labels in?

BTW, I figured I would create the publisher label template for your labels once I got either the LaserJet or the Inkjet compatable labels in. Doesn't take long to do :) Right now I'm just using full sheet labels and cutting them out. :sad:

Thanks

Bob

Hey Corey!

I don't think I have a PostScript drive for my Epson Stylus Photo R200, but I'll check :)

BTW, I might be picking up a Dell Color Laser soon (which is why I haven't brought up trading my labels in again) ;)

Did you ever get the Inkjet compatable labels in?

BTW, I figured I would create the publisher label template for your labels once I got either the LaserJet or the Inkjet compatable labels in.  Doesn't take long to do :) Right now I'm just using full sheet labels and cutting them out.  :sad:

Thanks

Bob

955298[/snapback]

Great to hear, If you could forward your template to me, I am sure users would love that. Would post it in my forums for them to download. Zip file would probably make it smaller or if you wanted to post it up there also. Doesn't matter.

Haven't ordered the inkjet ones yet, might be able to do it soon though. Will be ordering some other labels from them soon for a new project I am working on possibly.

Dell is a great for printing and cheap, you can also now get the HP's Colors pretty reasonable.

Are you using Photoshop for the labels? AtariBoy is going to be posting full version's up on my forums as I have space available.

Corey

Somebody mentioned in another thread about what the 5200 'blue label' equivalent of the 2600 'red label' might look like, so I took a stab at it...  I like it!

Think it would have been pretty close? :)

P.S. - I 'borrowed' AtariBoy's pictures for these labels ;)

954430[/snapback]

Gee thanks for using my old labels and its looks great in blue BTW I hope that some day some one can make me a real cart from my origanl label art of DK, DKJR and others I have, Im broke. :?

• 2 weeks later...

954456[/snapback]

Yes, I put end labels on all of my 5200 games; it just makes it easier to store. ;)

@JB - Your'e probably right; a darker blue should have been chosen. After all, they used a dark red (almost maroon) on the 2600 carts... Plus, I think it would make them look a bit less... cartoonish?

Bob

954555[/snapback]

Can we get a picture of them? The end labels look great. I wish the carts had a recess for them but making new cart cases is way to expensive.

Allan

954456[/snapback]

Bob

954555[/snapback]

Can we get a picture of them? The end labels look great. I wish the carts had a recess for them but making new cart cases is way to expensive.

Allan

963788[/snapback]

OK :)

The 5200 carts are in the first picture, middle shelf.

I had made three different types of end labels at different points in time, that's why they look different; but I will be replacing them all with the new blue ones :)

These two pics are of my whole collection (not anywhere near as many as some of you here) ;)

post-1787-1131769523_thumb.jpg

post-1787-1131769542_thumb.jpg

Edited by PacManPlus

954456[/snapback]

Bob

954555[/snapback]

Allan

963788[/snapback]

OK :)

The 5200 carts are in the first picture, middle shelf.

I had made three different types of end labels at different points in time, that's why they look different; but I will be replacing them all with the new blue ones :)

These two pics are of my whole collection (not anywhere near as many as some of you here) ;)

964056[/snapback]

Very nice. I'm still trying to decide which version I like the best. Would you ever release your high-res print versions of these?

Now I know what I'm going to do with those 50 pac-man carts.

By the way, anybody know a good but cheap laser printer that will print out nice adhesive-backed labels?

Allan

Edited by Allan