IGNORED

LYNX II System Problem.

T2KFREEKER

Hey all, my buddy Jack just bought a bunch of Atari Lynx II systems that don't work. All of them power up, the screen turns white, but that's it. No please insert cartridge message, no sound, nothing. Put a cart in, it does the same thing, any clues as to what's wrong? If you give me a reason and solution that works, we'll send you two systems free of charge for helping. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like the backlights working, but without any overlaying screen display. I'd check the ribbon connection between the pcb and lcd display, it may have become loose.

Failing that there could be a loose solder connection on the brightness controller, check that out since it could be set on 100%, while decreasing it has no effect.

If either of these don't work, I personally would get my continuety tester, and check all of the conponents accross the board. Could be as simple as a little resister or capacitor gone pop somewhere =)

Also here's a handy set of screenshots and parts list for repairing a lynx (found while searching google):

Click here

I hope some of this could be handy, since I'd like to have a go myself at fixing a broken lynx, I'm quite handy with electronics =)

- uji

Edited by uji

• 1 month later...
Hey all, my buddy Jack just bought a bunch of Atari Lynx II systems that don't work. All of them power up, the screen turns white, but that's it. No please insert cartridge message, no sound, nothing. Put a cart in, it does the same thing, any clues as to what's wrong? If you give me a reason and solution that works, we'll send you two systems free of charge for helping. :D

955460[/snapback]

:ponder: check the ribbon is correctly seated & no breaks in the ribbon (trace lines)