IGNORED

WHERE WOULD I FIND. . . . .

LYNXGUY

No pictures on any of these sites (example .bmp, jpeg, .jpg ) I am looking for something that I can right click on and save and some links worked and some didn't.

I never heard about such a DOS. Does it exist? Was it shipped with RANA drives?

I believe it is called RANA SMART DOS

I am looking for screen shots of the following DOS SYSTEMS. . .  .

DOS XL

DOS 2.0

DOS 2.5

DOS 3.0

RANA DOS

SPARTA DOS

958082[/snapback]

In case you are interested, but did not know, there is also a DOS 4.0. It is complete and VERY good, but it was never released by Atari officially. IIRC, it was meant for the 1450XLD line. Anyway, it's been available for years, works with all atari's (not sure if there are memory restrictions) first through the Antic software catalog years ago, and now can be found online, I believe, like any of the other DOS images. I'll see if I can hook you up with any links. There is also a DOS from Australia called Super DOS, I think it was PD, which is also a fantastic DOS.

SuperDOS was packaged with a locally developed "poor-man's Happy Board" which was a turbo-upgrade for the 1050 drive, but without the features which allowed reproduction of copy protection schemes.

I'm fairly sure the company that made them was based in Queensland.

They also developed "SuperMON" which was an OS with built-in monitor (like OmniMon). I think they might also have developed "SuperRAM" for the 400/800 which allowed bank-selecting an extra 16K, mapped at $C000-$CFFF.

By the way:

I wonder why there is no "Happy-Dos" mentioned.

It was imho the best dos with Dos 2.5 compatibility.

As small as the Dos 2.5 DOS.SYS, it was always resident while using Basic and switching between Cartridge and Dos was without any need of loading from disk.

Later I used Turbo-Dos, just to have a speed advantage with the Speedy 1050.

SuperDOS was packaged with a locally developed "poor-man's Happy Board" which was a turbo-upgrade for the 1050 drive, but without the features which allowed reproduction of copy protection schemes.

I'm fairly sure the company that made them was based in Queensland.

They also developed "SuperMON" which was an OS with built-in monitor (like OmniMon).  I think they might also have developed "SuperRAM" for the 400/800 which allowed bank-selecting an extra 16K, mapped at $C000-$CFFF.

959235[/snapback]

That's very interesting. I always loved it becuase it was DOS 2/2.5 compatible plus had tons of other great features like the extended/advanced menu and also work with ICD's Ultra Speed Doubler upgrade for the 1050 (the maker's of SpartaDOS which originally came with it) with both speed increase and true double density. IIRC, I think I go SuperDOS in the states from a "PD" disk I ordered from a PD library catalog I got out of an Atari magazine add; it had many different DOS's on it.