IGNORED

My very old lamer programs

Allas

These days I'm using my new 130XE (set in correct colors) and my SIO2PC adaptor (Thanks Steve) to extract program from my old disks.

It's a pity some disks can't read, or only read partially... :(

I'm going to get new tries... but before, I had extracted some good diskettes and I found old programs in TurboBasic and Applications... It's a great experience... even there are programs that I didn't remember. Full Nostalgic...

Edited by Allas

I transferred some of my old stuff recently too.

I've been amazed that most of my disks are near perfect, but 2 possibilities if you get a disk that's got read errors:

- pull the 1050's cover off and give the R/W head a clean. A cotton bud or lint-free cloth with video head cleaner does the trick.

- some floppies become warped or the jacket gets damage which impedes the disk spinning. I had one disk that I just removed from the jacket. Then, you can either put it in another jacket, or manually insert it into an opened up disk drive.

Pretty funny! I always loved the fonts in Karateka. How did you pluck them out, to use in your program? How old were you when you did these?

958395[/snapback]

Well, at first time I see my old program, I could't remember exactly how I made. :D But now after a few hours... I remember

I used PRINT SHOP software, when you make a card in PRINT SHOP the generate file have the fonts in bitmapping mode. With a utility I programmed , I extract the right bitmapping. The the collage of fonts I store in the DAT file, and the program only use from DAT file.

I don't remember good, but I think lower fonts I draw in a paper, looking at original game, after that I drawed in the Atari with my tools.

If you look good, the font isn't in PRINT SHOP, I use the option FONT FROM OTHER DISK (3rd party fonts), I tried to use a similar font, because there isn't the exact font like Karateka game.

The demo have an error :D .... it's read programmed in 1980, but it should be 1990 (just 5 years after original game), I had 20 years in 1990, a 800XL and a 1050. No books, no internet, no BBS, no Atari programmers friends... it's a real waste of time :D

I transferred some of my old stuff recently too.

I've been amazed that most of my disks are near perfect, but 2 possibilities if you get a disk that's got read errors:

- pull the 1050's cover off and give the R/W head a clean.  A cotton bud or lint-free cloth with video head cleaner does the trick.

- some floppies become warped or the jacket gets damage which impedes  the disk spinning.  I had one disk that I just removed from the jacket.    Then, you can either put it in another jacket, or manually insert it into an opened up disk drive.

958434[/snapback]

That's the right way to read old diskettes. I had to clean the head drive before I try to read. But still there are a lot of diskettes with bad sectors. I remember someone said that leave the magnetic material and use water and spoon to wash, after a complete dry the diskettes works fine. Will be true? :ponder:

That's the right way to read old diskettes. I had to clean the head drive before I try to read. But still there are a lot of diskettes with bad sectors. I remember someone said that leave the magnetic material and use water and spoon to wash, after a complete dry the diskettes works fine. Will be true?  :ponder:

958646[/snapback]

That kinda reminds me of this 'net classic:

http://www.datadocktorn.nu/us_frag1.php

That's the right way to read old diskettes. I had to clean the head drive before I try to read. But still there are a lot of diskettes with bad sectors. I remember someone said that leave the magnetic material and use water and spoon to wash, after a complete dry the diskettes works fine. Will be true?   :ponder:

958646[/snapback]

That kinda reminds me of this 'net classic:

http://www.datadocktorn.nu/us_frag1.php

959739[/snapback]

Heiliges Kanonenrohr ;)

Well... a real data saving progress :D ... or not :ponder:

Very funny to see those games ! nice !

I think it's not such a good idea to use water and spoon to wash them.....

Did you already rescued some other disks ?

959689[/snapback]

I rescue some diskettes, there is a lot of new stuff, but some of them don't work because the bad sectors or simply diskettes don't load. Off course I will repair, but the searching, get me tired.

Meanwhile, I'm going to experiment more with CC65 Shawn library.

At this point, Shawn could you give us please, one little example you programmed with your own library. I'm try to translate the turbobasic program to CC65 in way to get more experience in handle the AtariGfx. But I need some examples to understand some concepts.

Thanks.