IGNORED

7800 BIOS With Asteroids

Shawn

Hey,

Anyone got a copy of the 7800 BIOS with Asteroids on it? Only catch is I need it to be NTSC where I know it was common to PAL machines I dunno if it was a different file\hacked file for use on the NTSC 7800.

Cheers & thanks,

Shawn Sr.

It actually detects whether it's on a PAL or NTSC machine and adjusts the DLL accordingly. The code to do so is rather clever, and I plan to use it someday.

Hey,

Anyone got a copy of the 7800 BIOS with Asteroids on it? Only catch is I need it to be NTSC where I know it was common to PAL machines I dunno if it was a different file\hacked file for use on the NTSC 7800.

Cheers & thanks,

Shawn Sr.

958470[/snapback]

You can get it off of my web site. Go here and grab the one called 7800 OS PAL. Just ignore the name, like Bruce said, it will work fine on either PAL or NTSC machines.

Mitch

Hey,

Cheers & thanks,

Shawn Sr.

958470[/snapback]

You can get it off of my web site. Go here and grab the one called 7800 OS PAL. Just ignore the name, like Bruce said, it will work fine on either PAL or NTSC machines.

Mitch

958974[/snapback]

Thanks I'll be sure to try it out.

Don't you have to re-wire something on the MoBo for this to work properly or can you just pop one in? This would work well in the socketed 7800 boards if you can do it that way.

960745[/snapback]

It depends on the board, both of the NTSC boards need a little rewiring if you are going to use an EPROM.

Mitch

It depends on the board, both of the NTSC boards need a little rewiring if you are going to use an EPROM.

960774[/snapback]

You mean instead of the official Atari one? I think you can still get those for $20 from Best Electronics or something like that.

960774[/snapback]

You mean instead of the official Atari one? I think you can still get those for $20 from Best Electronics or something like that.

960814[/snapback]

The official Atari ones were both standard ROMs and EPROMs. The NTSC boards can can take the ROM version with only a jumper change.

Mitch