IGNORED

8 Bit Domain A/V mod - Please help!

holygrailvideogames.com

I bought the A/V mod for the 7800 & Colecovision from 8bitdomain. I would ask 8bitdomain to help me but he is impossible to get a hold of and it took almost a month for me to get my stuff. By the way if the owner of 8bitdomain is reading this you didn't send me the cables for the 5200 mod that I bought and I would like to have them!

Here is the problem that I am having with both the 7800 & Colecovision mod. The audio does not work for either system. It makes a very annoying sound and does not play the game sound. I bought pre-modded systems from 8bitdomain so I didn't screw up the mod. I tried these on two different TV's. I don't have any problems with these TV's when I play my Xbox, PS2, or Dreamcast so why doesn't the audio work for the 7800 & Colecovision? Any help would be appreciated!

8BitDomain really needs to do something about getting their stuff shipped sooner; I waited about four weeks myself, and I still only got my 7800 mod after a few follow-up e-mails. I'd love to have some of their other products, but I'm holding off on buying until I get confirmation from other cutsomers that the shipping problems have been resolved.

So, regarding your problem with the mod, the first thing I would suggest is opening up the console and looking for obvious soldering mistakes. If I remember correctly, the 7800 mod plugs into the 7800 board in place of a small circuit near the RF modulator, with a few extra wires going elsewhere to the board, so look at the underside of the board where the socket is soldered in and where the wires are soldered in to make sure there are no poor connections or beads of solder touching other circuits on the board. Also, unplug the board from its socket and reseat it in case it got jarred loose during shipping.

That's all I can think of since I never actually installed my mod kit before I resold it. If your consoles were modded by 8BitDomain, you should of course e-mail them to let them know you're having problems.

I bought the A/V mod for the 7800 & Colecovision from 8bitdomain.  I would ask 8bitdomain to help me but he is impossible to get a hold of and it took almost a month for me to get my stuff.  By the way if the owner of 8bitdomain is reading this you didn't send me the cables for the 5200 mod that I bought and I would like to have them!

Here is the problem that I am having with both the 7800 & Colecovision mod.  The audio does not work for either system.  It makes a very annoying sound and does not play the game sound.  I bought pre-modded systems from 8bitdomain so I didn't screw up the mod.  I tried these on two different TV's.  I don't have any problems with these TV's when I play my Xbox, PS2, or Dreamcast so why doesn't the audio work for the 7800 & Colecovision?  Any help would be appreciated!

960409[/snapback]

My patience is wearing abit thin with him. He has my Colevovsion, the one I mailed right after CGE because his video mod didn't work correctly the first time around. He claims he has it ifxed and ready to go, but he hasn't replied to my emails as to the status odf when it will be shipping.

AAAAAARGHH!

-Lee

It's "only" been two weeks since I ordered a 2600 A/V mod but I haven't gotten any emails verifying the purchace or about an eta on delivery. Lax customer service that probably should be explained in this thread if 8bitdomain reads it.

Sorry to hijack your thread but the I figured the more people he has waiting the more likely he might respond :)

I have had my 7800 mod since just after it came out, and still haven't gotten it to work. I was patient waiting for his replies about the problem, and he did send me a new video cable for the inside of the console, but neither of them worked.

I do still need to take it apart and check my soldering. If i am not mistaken, they are plated thru holes right? so they have to be soldered all the way through for the trace to go from the bottom to the top.

I have given up on having 8bitdomain do anything about it (he kept trying to get me to send him my console, but I have already read a few stories about how slow he is with doing that) If worse comes to worse, I will just buy another mod board and see if that works.

I bought the A/V mod for the 7800 & Colecovision from 8bitdomain.  I would ask 8bitdomain to help me but he is impossible to get a hold of and it took almost a month for me to get my stuff.  By the way if the owner of 8bitdomain is reading this you didn't send me the cables for the 5200 mod that I bought and I would like to have them!

Here is the problem that I am having with both the 7800 & Colecovision mod.  The audio does not work for either system.  It makes a very annoying sound and does not play the game sound.  I bought pre-modded systems from 8bitdomain so I didn't screw up the mod.  I tried these on two different TV's.  I don't have any problems with these TV's when I play my Xbox, PS2, or Dreamcast so why doesn't the audio work for the 7800 & Colecovision?  Any help would be appreciated!

960409[/snapback]

I have sent several emails to mcgrail0007 regarding his perceived problems with the systems I sent to him. I have tried to explain to him that the video output cable

has video only, eg. yellow,red,white on the cable is composite,luma & chroma.

So if you plug luma & chroma into the audio left and right of your TV its not going to sound so good. The systems have two 3.5mm jacks installed on them 1 is VIDEO and the other is AUDIO!!!

Regarding the slow shipping of the mod boards I truly apologize. We have had

a fire recently in our lab and warehouse due to the idiot who occupies the offices

next to us. We are trying to recover and all back orders will be shipped out as soon as possible. Please bear with us and try to be patient.

Anyone who is having problems either receiving their mod board or technical issues please PM me and all issues WILL be resolved.

Best Regards,

Mike

8bitDomain

I'll add that I have purchased two boards so far from 8bitdomain - one 5200 and one 7800 board.

The 5200 board was shipped promptly and I had no issues with installation.

The 7800 board took a few months and several emails, but I did receive it. I had an issue with the color dropping out (that turned out to be a bad solder joint in one of the mobo cable assys) and Mike worked with me until I got it straightened out. He also helped me through my own screw up during installation (lifted solder trace!).

Ultimately - I absolutely love the boards. Unparalleled clean video output and nice design. The 7800 board easily bested all three homebrew mods and doesn't require any fiddling about :)

I'll add that I have purchased two boards so far from 8bitdomain - one 5200 and one 7800 board.

The 5200 board was shipped promptly and I had no issues with installation.

The 7800 board took a few months and several emails, but I did receive it.  I had an issue with the color dropping out (that turned out to be a bad solder joint in one of the mobo cable assys) and Mike worked with me until I got it straightened out.  He also helped me through my own screw up during installation (lifted solder trace!).

Ultimately - I absolutely love the boards.  Unparalleled clean video output and nice design.  The 7800 board easily bested all three homebrew mods and doesn't require any fiddling about :)

962259[/snapback]

I second his work. The video mods are excellent on the 7800 and 5200. I am hoping my Coleco will arrive soon.

Regards,

-Lee

Thanks for your explanation. Look forward to receiving the 2600 mod board when it gets here :thumbsup:

Oh, and I've had my 7800 modded with 8bitdomain's board for awhile now and it's been the perfect companion to my CC2.

Edited by oesii

• 1 month later...