IGNORED

Way back arcade games for the Lynx?

T2KFREEKER

Curious, what old school game, if you could pick one, and it would work on the lynx, from before 1997 would you want to see ported to the machine. Please don't say Street Fighter II or Mortal Kombat, all we need is ti invision another bad hand held 2 button port of those games! :(

I do have a couple in mind though. I think Strider, Shinobi, Final Gight, and the first Batman game Atari Made for the Arcade would have been awesome. I mean, lets be honest, the lynx could have done all of these games and they would have looked pretty awesome back then too! If the porting was done well, they should have played pretty close to spot on as well!

Anyone else? :)

No its not, Strider is a Capcom game that was licensed by US Gold who solely created the sequal Strider 2. And yes Sweden Lynxer you are right it was announced for the Lynx. US Gold signed up as an Atari developer before the Jag even came out (they did Flashback and Powerdrive) but never released a Lynx title. I wonder if it was ever even started?

Curious, what old school game, if you could pick one, and it would work on the lynx, from before 1997 would you want to see ported to the machine.

960742[/snapback]

Hmm, arcade games older than 1997 are "old school" now? That really makes me feel like the years have gone by, if Tekken or Daytona USA are considered "old school."

With that in mind, every arcade conversion that's ever been made for Lynx has been "old school." ;)

It's hard to pick just one. The Lynx could've done a good job with shoot-em-ups such as Gradius or R-Type, or even 1942 or Xevious using the vertically-oriented mode. NightSprinter's suggestion of Ghosts 'n Goblins is also a good one.

I would've liked to see a conversion of the Atari Games arcade game Tetris to go up against the Game Boy version of Tetris.

I thought that Strider was a Sega owned title. Which would mean that it wouldn't get a port to a competing portable.

960925[/snapback]

Actually, just because it is a Sega game doesn't mean it wouldn't be licensed out. The Turbo Grafx has Phantasy Zone, Space Harrier, and Columns on it, and those all came out on the Genesis. The NES had After Burner, Shinobi, And again, Phantasy Zone. The Nes also had Atari Games on it in the form of Gauntlet and Klax, for an example. They were ported by TENGEN. Companies like Sega, Atari and Hudson were not so clingy with licensing out games until Nintendo started with it's heavy hitting exclusivity deals. Still, if Tengen had made games for the lynx, we very well could have seen games like Shinobi, a sega game, on the lynx because they had a licensing agreement with Sega. :D