IGNORED

Transferring from .PIC to .BYTE

lbaeza

The .PIC file is just straight screen bytes with the color registers included afterward aren't they? The 62 sector file? If this is just screen data then you should be able to write a simple program to take the data and put it into an include file. (Actually I did just that while messing around with the lynx cc65 compiler a while back.) My program takes raw data and builds a character array out of it into an header file.

The .MIC format is compressed using a RLE format that is a little wierd (IIRC) since it can either compress horizontal lines in the picture or vertical lines. I wouldn't think it would be too complicated to get a convertor together to run on the PC though. In fact, I can imagine you could create one pretty easily by just using a 320x192 character matrix and populating it with data from the file as required and then dumping that into .BYTE statements.

Hmm, the 62 sector file is uncompressed picture with added colors. There are raw datas of the screenmemmory, so you simply have to include the file at the screenaddress and, if you want, take the last 4 bytes to get the correct colors (Background, Col1, Col2, Col3).

The compressed "PIC" is from koala micro illustrator and I don´t know how it correctly works. Perhaps there is a "color bit" followed by the number of bytes this color must be in the picture...

If you must do it that way...

10 OPEN #1,4,0,"<picture file>":OPEN #2,8,0,"<output file>"
20 LN=1000:REM STARTING LINE #
30 TRAP 100
40 ? #2;LN;"  .BYTE ";:GET #1,B:FOR A=1 TO 8:?#2;B;:GET #1,B:?#1;",";:NEXT A:?#2;B
50 LN=LN+1:REM INCREMENT LINE #
60 GOTO 40
100 POP:CLOSE #1:CLOSE #2

That should work, generating decimal .BYTE operatives, 8 per line.

Hmm, the 62 sector file is uncompressed picture with added colors. There are raw datas of the screenmemmory, so you simply have to include the file at the screenaddress and, if you want, take the last 4 bytes to get the correct colors (Background, Col1, Col2, Col3).

The compressed "PIC" is from koala micro illustrator and I don´t know how it correctly works. Perhaps there is a "color bit" followed by the number of bytes this color must be in the picture...

962068[/snapback]

here is the article about Koala format from BeWe. I used it when I was writing Koala load module for GEMView.

http://www.cclassic.szu.pl/files/ATARI_XE/...URE%20FILES.txt

here is the article about Koala format from BeWe. I used it when I was writing Koala load module for GEMView.

http://www.cclassic.szu.pl/files/ATARI_XE/...URE%20FILES.txt

962083[/snapback]

Thanks a lot. That was a great link to me :lust:

Perhaps I can now try to improve our TIF2PIC tool. Actually it´s name is wrong, cause we only allow Microillustrator pictures to be written.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the help so far, it's been great.

I'll keep you updated with my advance in this matter.

Regards

962947[/snapback]

There is a utility that can convert PIC to MIC, and other different fromats

you can also use XLART to read PIC images and save them as MIC