IGNORED

I had an awesome dream last night...

Gregory DG

I dreamt I was walking through a Best Buy, or Target, or whatever (some big chain store, it doesn't matter) looking at some music CD's. As I got closer to the video game section, I saw a pallette of brand new Atari Lynx's stacked up about 5 feet high. The best part was the sign said, "Atari Lynx, 4 for $100."

:lust:

I think that we're very likely to see new retro handhelds bundled with software in the near future, as it's a great concept, and probably econoically feasible at this point in time. I know that I'd like to have a smaller Lynx-type unit that has some type of menu-driven game selection, and I think that a 10 game/model system would work very well. Wouldn't you love to own a "racing package" with "S.T.U.N. Runner", "Checkered Flag", "Roadblasters", etc?

Wish list: a new Lynx with a USB port and flash card storage system. Download new games from the internet!

Wish list #2: Atari might be able to address its financial woes if it created a user-pay videogame database system like iTunes for all of its classic systems. Wouldn't you pay .99c to be able to download a legal copy of "Nostradamus" for the A8, and be assured of some tech support/backup?

I think that we're very likely to see new retro handhelds bundled with software in the near future, as it's a great concept, and probably econoically feasible at this point in time. I know that I'd like to have a smaller Lynx-type unit that has some type of menu-driven game selection, and I think that a 10 game/model system would work very well. Wouldn't you love to own a "racing package" with "S.T.U.N. Runner", "Checkered Flag", "Roadblasters", etc?

Wish list: a new Lynx with a USB port and flash card storage system. Download new games from the internet!

Wish list #2: Atari might be able to address its financial woes if it created a user-pay videogame database system like iTunes for all of its classic systems. Wouldn't you pay .99c to be able to download a legal copy of "Nostradamus" for the A8, and be assured of some tech support/backup?

962154[/snapback]

Hmmm.. you just might be on to something there.

Atari could make a Lynx/Atari 8/Atari 2600 system that could receive downloads. Atari could buy the rights for many games that exist for those platforms, and sell them for like .49 a piece!

(Well, they are OLD games afteral).

Hmmm... ok, who do we need to talk to at Atari?

And is Atari going through hard times right now?

Where's the hot ch1x spreading for joy? :? What kind of awesome dream is that? :P

On that note.. how much were Lynx's new? I forget how much I paid for my early one.. but it couldn't have been all that much since I bought it in my poor college years. Just curious...

On that note.. how much were Lynx's new?

962189[/snapback]

I think the MSRP was $179. Games were $39.

My best deal was getting my Lynx II on clearance at EB years after they were discontinued for $59 + 4 games. The punk sales droid said, "Man, I thought we'd never sell that thing." :x