IGNORED

How about a 7800 high score contest?

shadow460

Is there enough interest in this forum for a high score competition?

I know there aren't that many games, but there are some with two player modes, different variations, and the like.

If you're interested, just post here and we'll see if we can get a few games going. The scores from keilbaca's Centipede thread could be imported, and maybe that could be used as the first game, too. Of course, we'd run that competition again.

The only difference is that the games might run two weeks instead of one due to the small library.

I'd want to include the homebrews we have, with their authors' permission.

Is there enough interest in this forum for a high score competition?

I know there aren't that many games, but there are some with two player modes, different variations, and the like.

If you're interested, just post here and we'll see if we can get a few games going.  The scores from keilbaca's Centipede thread could be imported, and maybe that could be used as the first game, too.  Of course, we'd run that competition again.

The only difference is that the games might run two weeks instead of one due to the small library.

I'd want to include the homebrews we have, with their authors' permission.

963048[/snapback]

Hehe, those are teamplay scores, so unless we're doing that, then they can't be imported. It is a good idea, and as long as no one doesn't mind the short library (and no we're not playing stink games like Karateka), then we can just make a new season and restarting the games.

I'm in, and I'm sure Mind Game would be as well.

Well, then, I think we should set it up to coincide with the 2600 one, that is, new games can be posted on Tuesdays.

I'll have to work on the format a little more when I get home, but it can be started now.

Actually, let's go ahead with Alien Brigade first off. I know some (like me) don't have access to it, but I'll run it under ProSystemEMU and score away.

So, without further adieu, here goes the 7800 HSC week 1, Alien Brigade!

Well, then, I think we should set it up to coincide with the 2600 one, that is, new games can be posted on Tuesdays.

I'll have to work on the format a little more when I get home, but it can be started now.

Actually, let's go ahead with Alien Brigade first off.  I know some (like me) don't have access to it, but I'll run it under ProSystemEMU and score away.

963309[/snapback]

sweet! be sure to contact Albert about becoming a mod so you can edit the 1st post with the updated high scores :)

Actually, let's go ahead with Alien Brigade first off.  I know some (like me) don't have access to it, but I'll run it under ProSystemEMU and score away.

963309[/snapback]

sweet! be sure to contact Albert about becoming a mod so you can edit the 1st post with the updated high scores :)

963344[/snapback]

Hmm, I thought editing was turned back on.

Mitch

963309[/snapback]

963344[/snapback]

Hmm, I thought editing was turned back on.

Mitch

963367[/snapback]

Haha yeah it is, when I ran the 2600 hsc, i had to be a mod to edit.

Ignore my post, I'm just out with the times :P