IGNORED

Can Domark's Star Wars Convert On The 5200?

Atariboy2600

Can you play the game on an Atari 400?  That would be your answer right there.  The Atari 5200 is roughly comparable to the Atari 400 in overall performance, but has less memory than the later Atari computer models (just 16K, if I recall).

JR

964110[/snapback]

I wonder who can I speak to about this converting the 8bit disk to the 5200 console?

Can you play the game on an Atari 400?  That would be your answer right there.  The Atari 5200 is roughly comparable to the Atari 400 in overall performance, but has less memory than the later Atari computer models (just 16K, if I recall).

JR

964110[/snapback]

I wonder who can I speak to about this converting the 8bit disk to the 5200 console?

964221[/snapback]

Classics could possibly do it. I'd say drop him a PM.

JR

964110[/snapback]

964221[/snapback]

964235[/snapback]

Who Classics?

JR

964110[/snapback]

964221[/snapback]

964235[/snapback]

Who Classics?

964246[/snapback]

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showuser=934

Hes a member here. He also does some pretty impressive stuff with the Atari 8-bits.

JR

964110[/snapback]

964221[/snapback]

964235[/snapback]

Who Classics?

964246[/snapback]

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showuser=934

Hes a member here. He also does some pretty impressive stuff with the Atari 8-bits.

964255[/snapback]

Thanks I just PM him now.

• 2 weeks later...
How about making this Star Wars from Zepellin Games  into the 5200?

971259[/snapback]

I think thats the same game just with the title screen removed?

Steve

971276[/snapback]

If it cant make the file smaller then how about adding more chips to the cart for more space?

971302[/snapback]

It doesn't really work that way. The 5200 has a limited address space. 32 kilobits, I think.

Anything larger than that CANNOT fit in a standard cartridge, no matter how many EPRPOMs you use. You have to add bankswitching hardware, which makes things a lot more difficult(and expensive).

• 3 months later...
and don't forget to check if the game needs f.e. 32k RAM for computing stuff...

971432[/snapback]

Do you or anyone knows in how to do that?

1029128[/snapback]

What your asking would be around the same lines as what it takes to repro Bounty Bob 2, while it is totally possible it's also totally a pain in the ass and hard to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid the Domark/Zeppelin A8 Star Wars at all costs, it's a v.poor conversion, I do remember that either Parker Bros. or Atari did a conversion (Empire strikes back and the other one) on the A8 very early 80's (I played that one on Atari800win+) and they both look very good on the A8

Unfortunately i was one of those mugs that shelled out full price for the Domark/Zepplein A8 star wars game only to find out it was a heap of (you know what)