IGNORED

Converting a SMS pad/stick for 7800 use!

MaDDuck

OY!

I dug and searched on the forums for this!

Which wires do I cross/move for both buttons to work?

I like the feel of the control stick, I have bigger hands than most girls!

The Jaguar pad was PERFECT! If I could adapt it and get both buttons to work, that would be choice one.

Thanks!!

You can buy a Redemption adapter from the AA store if/when they're available, or you can build your own with a genesis/sms adapter circuit:

Adapter circuit

An older circuit is also in the 2600 FAQ

966003[/snapback]

Redemption????

I thought that was 5200 only!

Did I miss something?

Edited by MaDDuck

I didn't have to use a converter for my SMS pads :? They worked fine with the 7800 to begin with. Hmmm :ponder:

Wait maybe I'm an idiot :ponder: Come to think of it I'm not sure if I have any 2 button games..... :mad: And with double dragon on the way please don't tell me I'm gonna have to modify my SMS pads.... Noooooo!

Edited by rockfistus

Does this mean no electronic work/soldering is required? Can I just cross some wires and have 2 buttons working (at my own discretion)?

Does anyone specialize in converting SMS pads to 2-button 7800 pads? Please PM me. I can't handle the PainLine anymore, and my wife refuses to play with joysticks at all...

Does this mean no electronic work/soldering is required? Can I just cross some wires and have 2 buttons working (at my own discretion)?

Does anyone specialize in converting SMS pads to 2-button 7800 pads? Please PM me. I can't handle the PainLine anymore, and my wife refuses to play with joysticks at all...

969139[/snapback]

Painline :D I've never used those things and I never will.... I used the cords from them to convert my NES pads to work on the 7800.

I'm no electronics expert but it looks to me like it would work if you cross the right wires....considering the SMS already works as a one button controller for the 7800...seems like button 2 just needs to make the connection. I'm not willing to cut up my SMS cord to find out since the NES controller is working for me :)