IGNORED

Which cart to tear down?

shadow460

OK, I just won a set of games on ePay. I was bidding mainly on Alien Brigade, but it's a circuit board only.

Some of you already know I remade a Submarine Commander label, and this cart is no different, just that it needs a shell.

The lot has Asteroids, Jinks, Joust, Barnyard Blaster, Galaga, Ms Pac Man, Centipede, and some other really common games.

I thought for a little bit about tearing down my Mean 18 cart and using its case. I thought about it for 0.68 seconds, then decided not to tear it down

Just kidding--there's not a chance I'd tear down anything over R1, and my well liked Mean 18 is staying as it is!

Anyway, there's a PPII cart I'm thinking of tearing down for Alien Brigade, but I thought maybe while I'm making labels, I should make a color label for it. I don't wanna tear down the red BallBlazer, either.

Should I just go find a trashed red label 2600 cart, then? If I don't find a suitable candidate, I'll go buy a PPII here in town and tear down the worst of the three for Alien Brigade, then make the second best into the color label PPII.

If anyone would like to donate a 2600 Ikari Warriors for this cause, PM me. :D

(I don't even want the donation, but thanks so kindly for considering.)

PPII for sure. If you have Karateka, strip that thing as fast as possible.

966378[/snapback]

:lolblue:

You're the one who sent me additional Broderbund titles. As if one bad one wasn't enough! :P

I've got Karateka. I don't remember if it's in that lot...lemme look.

I'm digging through here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Nope, no Karateka in there. Hey, wait, there's a Jinks! Maybe I should strip that one...

Really, though, PPII is as common as any R2 2600 game, whereas I find most 7800 games are much more difficult to locate than any R4 2600 title--even on the net.

I may just go get me a PPII to relabel and rip that one apart.

I actually like Karateka a little bitty bit. What I need to flush is that KI gold cart I was playing today in the store.

Edited by shadow460

OK, I just won a set of games on ePay.  I was bidding mainly on Alien Brigade, but it's a circuit board only.

Some of you already know I remade a Submarine Commander label, and this cart is no different, just that it needs a shell.

The lot has Asteroids, Jinks, Joust, Barnyard Blaster, Galaga, Ms Pac Man, Centipede, and some other really common games.

I thought for a little bit about tearing down my Mean 18 cart and using its case.  I thought about it for 0.68 seconds, then decided not to tear it down

Just kidding--there's not a chance I'd tear down anything over R1, and my well liked Mean 18 is staying as it is!

Anyway, there's a PPII cart I'm thinking of tearing down for Alien Brigade, but I thought maybe while I'm making labels, I should make a color label for it.  I don't wanna tear down the red BallBlazer, either.

Should I just go find a trashed red label 2600 cart, then?  If I don't find a suitable candidate, I'll go buy a PPII here in town and tear down the worst of the three for Alien Brigade, then make the second best into the color label PPII.

If anyone would like to donate a 2600 Ikari Warriors for this cause, PM me. :D

(I don't even want the donation, but thanks so kindly for considering.)

966376[/snapback]

lol.. I didn't know that was you I was bidding agenst..lol... I didn't want to go over 15 bucks on that lot so your the lucky winner!!

You don't wanna know what my proxy was...I'd have died if it went for that much anyway.

The only games I am interested in from that lot are Barnyard Blaster, Alien Brigade, and Pole Position II.

I may have some boxes for some of the others, and possibly manuals (depends on if I win another auction tomorrow).

If you want them, silver_surfer, you've got first pick of the rest.

I lost Commando yesterday--it went for $31, and it was loose.

I've got Karateka.  I don't remember if it's in that lot...lemme look.

I'm digging through here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Weird seeing a rare game like that with no clothes...makes me wonder what happened to the case? Glad that it's going to a good home and is getting all dolled up again :D

Yeah, bones, it's kinda like restoring an old car, exceot that most Atari games are cheaper than most cars. (Music Machine might cost me more than an old Pinto, though.)

The game should fit into a second generation cart with a non locking dust cover, or a third gen with no dust cover.

I prefer third gen, since that's what all my 7800 games are in now.