IGNORED

A810 in great condition.

PacMan

I just received an A810 that I got from ebay. On the outside it's in fair condition, a little yellow from the sun but otherwise in good condition. On the inside however it looks completely brand new. There is not a spec of dust in there and the drive doesn't show any sign of wear. I'm totally amazed to find equipment in this good condition after 20+ years. Yipiii.

post-7341-1132333459_thumb.jpg

/P

They certainly don't make 'em like they use to!

968026[/snapback]

Amen,

I got my 400 today. It has this upgrade on the underside with "Intec Peripherals Corp". It could also run Ultima 4.(so there must be a ram upgrade).

There is also a switch in the Cartridge port. I have flipped the switch and it does not seem to do any thing. What could need a switch? an OS?

Keyboard needs some cleaning of the contacts. I will get shots of the insides when I open her up for that. I will then be able to see what that switch is for.

I finally got an 800 last month and both of these systems are built like tanks! I had sold my 400 and got this 400. (that was my first computer ever!)

post-7833-1132362113_thumb.jpg

post-7833-1132362260_thumb.jpg

post-7833-1132362314_thumb.jpg

My 800 and both my 810's were in pristine condition on the inside also, when I got them. I think it's a combination of the fact that they were built like tanks which didn't allow nearly as much dust to get inside, and/or just a lack of actual use, but some yellowing becuase they sat on a desktop for years without being used much (actually my 800 and one of my 810's doesn't even have yellowing on the case).

I suspect that the Intec board is a 32K RAM upgrade.

968274[/snapback]

I think U4 needed 48K

968278[/snapback]

32k in addition to the exisiting memory I am sure, so U4 would run fine

968462[/snapback]

Well, I was counting it as a 48k upgrade with the removal of the standard 16k card.

I am posting new pics in a new message.