IGNORED

What was that game?

chguat

I'm trying to remember the titles of a couple old 8-bit games from back in the day and I know if you guys can't help me out, nobody can. I just remember bits and pieces of these games so I hope you guys can help fill in the blanks.

The first one was a game I used to own on cassette. It was the only cassette I knew of that played music while the game was loading. It would play "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" by Paul Dukas (the song was also used in Disney's Fantasia for the Sorcerer's Apprentice sequence). Anyway, I think the game may have been Necromancer, but I'm not sure.

The second game, I only remember what happened when you died. There were two cockroaches up at the top of the screen and when your character died they would say, "We Gotcha" and do a little dance.

Anyway, I'm way too young to have memory this spotty, but that's all I remember of those two games. Any hints or clues would be much appreciated.

Tumbles Bugs, that's the one. Thanks a bunch you guys! I knew someone would know. But does anybody remember a cassette game that would play music while loading? That's the only mystery that remains.

970185[/snapback]

Aha - Tumble Bugs! I'd forgotten all about that one.

Several Atari cassette-based games played music or other audio while loading, but I'm not sure about your game.