IGNORED

Sweet A8 score!

birdie3

I have recently been posting on some of the news gropus that I am interested in learning assemby and hopefully I will get on to coding a few game ideas I have once I have learned enough about it. Last week I started reading "Atari Roots" and I was a bid frustrated because I wanted to try some of the demos but I didn't have the utilities to get started.

Tonight I took my son to Value Village for our ususal thrift store treasure hunt. I headed back to the rear of the store where they ususally keep the gaming items with the hopes of finding something. I riffled through a few bins and found:

MAC/65

Editor Assembler

(no manuals)

"Wow!!" was all I could say for about three minutes.

There were a few other carts that I did not grab as I was not really too interested. If anyone needs Atariartist or Word Processor drop me a PM. I don't mind running back if anyone needs them.

BTW - Does anyone know where I can find the MAC/65 owner's book?

Nice!  Amazing that you'd find that at a VV -- I'd love to get my hands on a MAC/65 cart.  I miss the ol' ASM days.  All I have is a BASIC XL cart.  :P

If you haven't already get yourself a copy of Compute!'s Mapping the Atari.  It's the quintessential memory map of the XL/XE series.

971526[/snapback]

I know eh. I was totally stoked walking out of that stinky hole of a store tonight. As for programming.. for now I am working on reading "Atari Roots" and I haven't ran into too much mapping stuff yet. I still need to get a drive.

Here Mac 65. Hope it helps.

Javier.

971536[/snapback]

Actually you can get it direct from Atarimax for cheaper.

link to the flash image

Just buy a 1Mbit cart from Atarimax and put this on the cart. Its the same. I think Steven will even do it for you at no additional cost. You just have to contact him about that.

Here Mac 65. Hope it helps.

Javier.

971536[/snapback]

Actually you can get it direct from Atarimax for cheaper.

link to the flash image

Just buy a 1Mbit cart from Atarimax and put this on the cart. Its the same. I think Steven will even do it for you at no additional cost. You just have to contact him about that.

971756[/snapback]

He was giving him the link for the manual, not for the cart. He already has the cart (read the initial post).

Edited by MrFish

He was giving him the link for the manual, not for the cart. He already the cart (read the initial post).

971864[/snapback]

Sorry, I read the original post and forgot the original question when I clicked on the link.

971942[/snapback]

It's all good. That's why I come to these forums, everyone is interested in sharing their knowledge. :)