IGNORED

Why is Ms. Pac-Man so ADDICTIVE!?

Sayton

When I play my 7800 only one game comes to mind: Ms. Pac-Man. I can't understand why! I recently got Food Fight and enjoyed that for a while. But after a bit, I played Dig-Dug and Galaga for a short bit then got right back into Ms. Pac-Man. I don't play it cause I'm good. I'm not. It's just so freaking addictive. I've got that Ms. Pac-Man fever! Argh!

Oh well, I guess this is why she'll always be the number 1 video game lady! (Well, in my book at least!)

Ms. P is a seductress all right but my main 7800 game is Asteroids. I can't get enough of 7800 Asteroids. I play until my hands are killing me. I started building an all button controller ala the arcade setup for it.

After Asteroids for me it's Tower Toppler. That's another one I can't seem to put down until I've played it a few hundred times in a sitting. It doesn't help that I suck at it so for every 100 tries I might get to the next tower.

My fix comes from Asteroids, Mean 18, or Meltdown.

Recently I've had a hankering to play Enemy Zero.  Hmmm, should we try to port this to the 7800!?  :ponder:

974509[/snapback]

Enemy Zero? I had that with my Saturn for awhile, but when I sold it I got rid of it. I wish I could find it again. I do have the PC version though, but the fact remains that was such a unique game.

And on my Atari 7800, I've been playing a bit of Double Dragon, trying to master the awkward controls.

Edited by LarcenTyler

Ms. Pac: It's the feel of the game; that's why everyone says it's such a great arcade port. As for my household, Galaga takes the clock. I've burned entire evenings only playing that game then thinking "damn, there was something else I was wanting to play...!".

When I owned the 7800 Food Fight was a favorite, with Ms. Pac Man probably being second.

My favorite version of Galaga is actually Galaga '99 on TG16, even more so than the Galaga '98 arcade game. I think it has a lot to do with which version you played most frequently, which is why I enjoy Shinobi on my SMS more than the arcade version.

Ms. P is a seductress all right but my main 7800 game is Asteroids.  I can't get enough of 7800 Asteroids.  I play until my hands are killing me.  I started building an all button controller ala the arcade setup for it. 

My fix comes from Asteroids, Mean 18, or Meltdown.

Recently I've had a hankering to play Enemy Zero.  Hmmm, should we try to port this to the 7800!?  :ponder:

974509[/snapback]

I'm  with Joey, Asteroids is usually the first game I fire up on the CC2 when I'm down for a 7800 session.  Xevious, Ballblazer, and Ms. Pac are close though.

974512[/snapback]

I think Asteroids gets short shrift on the good 'ol 78 sometimes. I find it very addicting, and I enjoy the rotating asteroids. Neat effect.

My other "fix" game is Xevious, which I actually like better than the Arcade version.

• 3 months later...