IGNORED

Need help with sio2ide SIO_LED blinking

atariportal

Hello,

please can anyone help me?

i have buy two sio2ide from ebay (v4.4) and build the sio-cable for connecting the sio2ide to the atari. i have to say: i have buy the usb-connector and the usb-chip for both sio2ide interfaces. Both Interfaces works fine with usb-connection to pc. only the connection to atari is impossible with the sio2ide interfaces.

when i connect the sio2ide to atari i do the following:

- jumer settings ON / ON / OFF(-mode)

- switch on atari with connected sio2ide (only)

- wait a few seconds

- sio2ide recognize the ide-drive (ide_led blink 1x)

- sio_led begins to flash on off on off .....

- type BYE then pressing Reset at atari.

- the atari boots up and try to recognize any drive but it does not recognize it

- ready-prompt....

i dont know what i have to do now.... no one of both sio2ide are recognized by the atari.

What status indicate the blinking/flashing sio_led ? of course the jumper settings are correct. ON/ON/OFF for atari connection without usb.

i have tried different ataris, ide-cable, sio-cable, ide-drive and one CF-card

i have also tried: boot from diskette, run fd44.com , switch the sio-connection from 1050 to sio2ide, selecting master... the fd44.com does not recognize the sio2ide....

can anyone help me?

andreas

What status indicate the blinking/flashing sio_led ?

Problem with IDE device, unexisting sio2ide.cfg, damaged device etc.

Try following.

1. Connect HDD to PC (or insert CF card into reader)

2. FAT32 Format.

3. Put sample ATR eg. MYDOS.ATR into formatted disk (CF card)

4. Put file named sio2ide.cfg with following content:

D1=NAMEOFYOURATR

for MYDOS.ATR:

D1=MYDOS

for RiverRaid.atr

D1=RIVERRAID

Connect HDD to Atari, power up, enjoy :)

thanks for reply

now it works

i have tested three ide configurations.

first problems: the first ide-drive was defect. the cf-adapter is not compatible (possible). and the 2.5" drive works...

the second problem: there exists some issues: the drive have to be partitioned and format under real dos. formatting under w98 results in sio2ide-unuseable format. (don't know why) made a primary partition under w2k and format under w98 oder dos also does not work at sio2ide.

third problem: the sio2ide works CASE-sensitive (!). after partition and formatting under dos it won't work at sio2ide with the original(!) filename from cd.

the original file sio2ide.CFG and MyDOS453.atr have to be renamed (!!!!) to upper case. additional i have removed the documentation-lines from sio2ide.cfg.

there are also other issues: it is possible to use fat32 with LFN. but.... sio2ide can not recognize long file names :-( thats unuseable.

usb-support is extreeeeeemely slow. w2k needs up to 2 minutes and w98 up to 5 minutes to recognize the adapter. copying is 100x slower than usb 1.1. the copy of 14MB needs > 15 minutes

after configuring and selecting a defective atr, it is impossible to boot from sio2ide. a rescue configuration does not exist.

Interesting, I have SIO2IDE v 3 and I partitioned and formated both 2.5" drive and CF in PC with DOS from WIN98. Everything works nice.

Which Compact Flash you have? I have tried two cards, first (SanDisk) doesn't work correctly, the second (Transcend) works great.

But as I wrote I have SIO2IDE version 3.3 so it isn't the same situation.

Which Compact Flash you have? I have tried two cards, first (SanDisk) doesn't work correctly, the second (Transcend) works great.

i have tried a HAMA 256 Megabyte CF. at the moment i have no other CF cards for testing.

978327[/snapback]

now i have tried a Sandisk 512MB and a Transcend 1GB CF. Both works also without problems.

I have contacted marek and hope to get an answere. because i have found some possible bugs like: Slave does recognized and cd-rom does not work.

• 1 month later...