IGNORED

Manuals

Bill Lange

I've posted a few manuals on my website.  Including the original APX Eastern Front 1941 manual.  Kevin should be moving this one over to AtariArchives soon.

I have a few more that will be going up soon. 

You can find them here:

http://www.langesite.com/Atari/

Bill

978053[/snapback]

Nice job Bill! Thanks for putting these up for all to use and enjoy.

I was just pointing out it doesn't make much sense scanning stuff that is already online, that's all

I added three Crystal Software/Crystalware manual scans:

Sands Of Mars

World War III

Quest For Power

Also, my copy of APX Eastern Front 1941 is a rougher earlier version then you have on your site. Graphics are done by hand. Also a handwritten note by Chris's wife ... interesting.

Feel free to copy the images for your database.

Bill

I was just pointing out it doesn't make much sense scanning stuff that is already online, that's all

Also, my copy of APX Eastern Front 1941 is a rougher earlier version then you have on your site. Graphics are done by hand. Also a handwritten note by Chris's wife ... interesting.

Feel free to copy the images for your database.

Bill

978552[/snapback]

Actually, the newer 1941 manual is very nice too. I noticed this was not on the Atarimania site either. You guys better get busy ;)

Actually, the newer 1941 manual is very nice too. I noticed this was not on the Atarimania site either. You guys better get busy 

That newer manual is written by Steven Englehart. His website is here:

http://www.steveenglehart.com/Games/Easter...ont%201941.html

The older ones where written by Chris Crawford himself, so they are a little more interesting. Of course the map from the newer manual is much better.

Bill

Actually, the newer 1941 manual is very nice too. I noticed this was not on the Atarimania site either. You guys better get busy 

That newer manual is written by Steven Englehart. His website is here:

http://www.steveenglehart.com/Games/Easter...ont%201941.html

The older ones where written by Chris Crawford himself, so they are a little more interesting. Of course the map from the newer manual is much better.

Bill

979792[/snapback]

I've never read it. I'll have to check it out.

I like the style of the Englehart version. It makes nice use of pictures and documents to get you into the feeling of what the game is all about. I like the touches of the beat-up cover and worn leather. It looks like a lot of work went into this manual.

Good to see this kind of thing preserved electronically. I feel that manual archiving is very important to preserving the platform, especially for games as good as this one. Without manuals what good are the games. Plus, they're just nice to have.

I was actually looking for this manual (any e.f. 1941 manual) for a long time on the net, without success. Then, I found it on your site about a year or more ago. I downloaded it, cleaned it up in photoshop, and put it into a pdf.

It came out very good, but I would like to redo it some day. I have a better way of pdf-ing manuals now.

I had this game in the 80's on a disk lot that I got with some 1050's, but I never knew how to play it. Now I know. It always looked like an interesting game. I didn't realise how famous it was back then.