IGNORED

Testing an 800

zombiecraig

Just a quick question.  I'm trying to test an Atari 800 without a monitor to see if it works.  Will I get a power-up light or sound or anything when it is working?  I plugged it in and flipped the switch and I'm not getting any type of response.  Seems like bad news to me, but that's why I'm asking...

979543[/snapback]

Atari 800 have an internal speaker:

With BASIC Cartridge installed you should capable of hear keyboard typing.

If you havent BASIC Cartridge, the aplication memopad load, but this application dont make noise.

Just a quick question.  I'm trying to test an Atari 800 without a monitor to see if it works.  Will I get a power-up light or sound or anything when it is working?  I plugged it in and flipped the switch and I'm not getting any type of response.  Seems like bad news to me, but that's why I'm asking...

979543[/snapback]

Atari 800 have an internal speaker:

With BASIC Cartridge installed you should capable of hear keyboard typing.

If you havent BASIC Cartridge, the aplication memopad load, but this application dont make noise.

979573[/snapback]

Im pretty sure memo pad does make keypress noises when you type so you would

probably hear that.

Insert the power cable, remove any cartridges and close the cartridge door (important).

Turn on the 800, if the power board is functional, the red LED under the function keys will glow.

If the red LED does not light then the power supply is defective or the internal power section of the 800 is broken.

If the red LED lights up wait 3-4 seconds, then press some keys on the keyboard. You should hear a keyclick noise when pressing keys like A and 9 but not BREAK, SHIFT, CONTROL or any of the function keys.

If you dont hear the keyclick then the 800 is non functional in some way.