IGNORED

Christmas and my 5200

Sully70

I still have my original 5200 from X-mas of either 82 or 83. It came with Pac-Man and not Super Breakout. I'll never forget playing Pac-Man for the first time and being blown away by the graphics and the fact that it had cut scenes!! Especially after the Pac turkey that was released for the 2600.

I remember a kid down the road showing me Smurf on the Colecovision, and still defending my beloved 5200.

Back in the day I threw away or donated my 800XL and 2600 stuff, but felt the need to keep the 5200. Kangaroo, Galaxian, Space Invaders, Dig Dug, Vanguard, Centipede, and Defender are the only games I still have from then. Popeye and Congo Bongo got lost along the way.

So, it is the only system that made it through the years and from Philly, to Fla., to Pittsburgh, and back to Fla. Not too bad considering all the years.

Ironically, I got a Colecovision a couple years ago because I always felt I had missed out on not getting one. Both systems give me plenty of great gameplay!!

I have a different 5200 in use now(because the sound went out on my original) and a greater selection of games. Pac-man still brings back the best memories though!!

I still have my original 5200 from X-mas of either 82 or 83. It came with Pac-Man and not Super Breakout. I'll never forget playing Pac-Man for the first time and being blown away by the graphics and the fact that it had cut scenes!! Especially after the Pac turkey that was released for the 2600.

I remember a kid down the road showing me Smurf on the Colecovision, and still defending my beloved 5200.

That was me and my buddies. We all had a 5200, and even though the CV was the hot item at the time (at least, that's what the gaming magazines wanted us to think!) those of us that had the 5200 were the ones who had people pile over to hang and play games.

Back in the day I threw away or donated my 800XL and 2600 stuff,

Ok, you sounded like an allright guy until that. :P

but felt the need to keep the 5200. Kangaroo, Galaxian, Space Invaders, Dig Dug, Vanguard, Centipede, and Defender are the only games I still have from then. Popeye and Congo Bongo got lost along the way.

So, it is the only system that made it through the years and from Philly, to Fla., to Pittsburgh, and back to Fla. Not too bad considering all the years.

Ironically, I got a Colecovision a couple years ago because I always felt I had missed out on not getting one. Both systems give me plenty of great gameplay!!

I have a different 5200 in use now(because the sound went out on my original) and a greater selection of games.

Where in Florida?

Pac-man still brings back the best memories though!!

Galaxian was my fave. My 5200 came with Super Breakout (got bored with that one in about 3 minutes!) and my uncle got me Galaxian. Me & my older brother played that all night on Xmas.

Back in the day I threw away or donated my 800XL and 2600 stuff, but felt the need to keep the 5200. Kangaroo, Galaxian, Space Invaders, Dig Dug, Vanguard, Centipede, and Defender are the only games I still have from then. Popeye and Congo Bongo got lost along the way.

I have a different 5200 in use now(because the sound went out on my original) and a greater selection of games. Pac-man still brings back the best memories though!!

984531[/snapback]

aw man you brought back a good memory my 5200 came with the pac-man game and as a bonus my mom brought my countermeasure x-mas of 83 was awsome........stupid me i left my 5200 at my moms house when i left home then she moved out of course she left it behind by then my 5200 collection consisted

of bezerk - dig-dug- kangaroo and qix ..........don't hate me :sad:

I got my 5200 for a wedding present. I still got the 5200 but got rid of the wife.  :D

985071[/snapback]

Sounds like you got the better deal then! :P

And for the topic creator...WHY did you sell your 800/2600 stuff? That makes me a sad, sad person :(

JK, we all do stuff when we're kids I guess. Glad you're still enjoying your 5200 :)

• 3 months later...

That was me and my buddies. We all had a 5200, and even though the CV was the hot item at the time (at least, that's what the gaming magazines wanted us to think!) those of us that had the 5200 were the ones who had people pile over to hang and play games.

Back in the day I threw away or donated my 800XL and 2600 stuff,

Ok, you sounded like an allright guy until that. :P

but felt the need to keep the 5200. Kangaroo, Galaxian, Space Invaders, Dig Dug, Vanguard, Centipede, and Defender are the only games I still have from then. Popeye and Congo Bongo got lost along the way.

I have a different 5200 in use now(because the sound went out on my original) and a greater selection of games.

my friends and i were like this also growing up..ah the memories i had a 5200 my cousin got aq colecovision and one guy still had his 2600 and he loved it but he was always coming over to our houses after christmas to see what we playing then we all would debate which was the coolest most powerful the best games etc..it was all in good fun..but hands down the 5200 was king of the hill .

Where in Florida?

Pac-man still brings back the best memories though!!

Galaxian was my fave. My 5200 came with Super Breakout (got bored with that one in about 3 minutes!) and my uncle got me Galaxian. Me & my older brother played that all night on Xmas.

Edited by darklord1977

I got my 5200 for a wedding present. I still got the 5200 but got rid of the wife. :D

I got an Amiga 500 as a wedding present. I still have the A500, and also got rid of the first wife too. :D :D :D

My 2600, 7800, 400, C64 and VIC-20 all moved From Phoenix to Maine with me, All made it back but the boxed VIC-20...Unless it's lost somewhere in my garage.