IGNORED

wolfenstein

oldgame

I think they released the source to it. I know that you can get PD Doom, and it has been ported to the Amiga.

Plays fine, although that's on an emulator running at unlimited CPU emulation speed.

It would theoretically be possible to do a simple 3D game engine. Look at the Numen demo as an example.

Graphics 10, using the VSCROL trick allows an 80x48 display, which = 1920 screen bytes to be manipulated.

Or, it could be done in character mode with GTIA mode enabled. Less data manipulation but you might run into character set limitations.

arent' the wolfenstein versions based for apple's 65816 machines? so unlikely to port the sources...

989440[/snapback]

They mean Castle Wolfenstein or Beyond Castle Wolfenstien, the forerunners of Wolfenstein 3D and they're on the Apple ][ and C64 but not the Atari for some reason. There's bugger all going on there graphically, it'd be dead easy to convert them both but i'm not so sure it's that involved a game to warrant the work...?

They mean Castle Wolfenstein or Beyond Castle Wolfenstien, the forerunners of Wolfenstein 3D and they're on the Apple ][ and C64 but not the Atari for some reason.  There's bugger all going on there graphically, it'd be dead easy to convert them both but i'm not so sure it's that involved a game to warrant the work...?

989521[/snapback]

They did show up for the A8... Edited by deathtrappomegranate

They mean Castle Wolfenstein or Beyond Castle Wolfenstien, the forerunners of Wolfenstein 3D and they're on the Apple ][ and C64 but not the Atari for some reason.  There's bugger all going on there graphically, it'd be dead easy to convert them both but i'm not so sure it's that involved a game to warrant the work...?

989521[/snapback]

They did show up for the A8...

989531[/snapback]

Sure did. And the A8 versions were pretty much the best.

I have the original wolfenstein I & II on the apple II computer on floppy disk.WHat can I do,and I'm surprised nobody put it out for the 5200 or 7800.

989387[/snapback]

To play the Atari 8 bit versions of those games:

Download the disk images (ATR) format from the link above.

Then download and install the Atari 800/XL/XE emulator Atari800Win Plus

To play the Apple II versions of those games:

Download and install the AppleWin emulator and use the disks I've attached here.

Beyond_Castle_Wolfenstein__1984__Muse_.zip

Castle_Wolfenstein__1981__Muse_.zip

Edited by remowilliams

They did show up for the A8...

989531[/snapback]

Ah, my bad; i assumed that because everyone was going on about the Apple II version and then Wolf 3D they hadn't heard of the first two for some reason... didn't even bother checking because i didn't like the first two anyway. =-)