IGNORED

question about caverns of mars

Hope that doesn't mean we'll have to buy a new tv set with the Flashback revision C in it if we want to play these games.

Will there be a standalone version with the improved games like the current Flashback 2? I'd hope so, especially with the apparant success it has had this holiday season.

Dammit!  Tony was supposed to be beating... er, I mean watching him, Tony!!!  Stop playing Haunted Adventure and go out and find John before he winds up releasing news about that other title he's working on, sheeezzzz....

;-)

Curt

*** WARNING***

Curt, John has escaped out of the basement!

995166[/snapback]

996042[/snapback]

:rolling: Uh oh, Curt, you're top posting! You may incur the wrath of ZB and the Top-Posting Police!

I'd better get out my programmer beating - I mean watching - scythe and find him. BTW, it's playing MORE WITH ( ;) ) Haunted Adventure, and I'm not deleting any posts if John spills more beans all over this thread! :D

Hope that doesn't mean we'll have to buy a new tv set with the Flashback revision C in it if we want to play these games.

996193[/snapback]

That's fine as long as it's a portable TV :)

996248[/snapback]

I wonder how portable they might be, i.e., handhelds or larger...

Cheers,

Tony

:rolling:  Uh oh, Curt, you're top posting! You may incur the wrath of ZB and the Top-Posting Police!
Top-posting doesn't bother me so much as people posting a lot of white-space. If you're going to quote someone else's post, for God's sake edit out all the unneeded carriage returns and unnecessary extra information. What, people don't know how to use a delete key?

:rolling:  Uh oh, Curt, you're top posting! You may incur the wrath of ZB and the Top-Posting Police!
Top-posting doesn't bother me so much as people posting a lot of white-space. If you're going to quote someone else's post, for God's sake edit out all the unneeded carriage returns and unnecessary extra information. What, people don't know how to use a delete key?

996309[/snapback]

Busted by the newly commissioned WHITE-SPACE POLICE.

I'll send these guidelines to Albert and hopefully we'll have everything implemented by 2010.

WSP Posting Guidelines:

Good

No white spaces in my quotes, bud.

Bad

Look

at

my

kewl

post!!!

Whuz a noob anywayz?!?

:) :) :) :) :)

:P LOL ;)

I'd imagine that Rev Cs will start flowing when the current inventory of Rev B runs out.

996329[/snapback]

IIRC, I believe Curt alluded to the fact that rev.c boxes may differ to distinguish them from rev.b's and a.'s, if in fact FB2 rev.c's will be released in the standard game console format.

Cheers,

Tony

Yes. Apparently one of the engineers on the project decided to fix the HMOVE bug without telling anyone. A classic "unclear on the concept" moment.

1001235[/snapback]

I did take a look at 3D Tic Tac Toe on the FB2, and the HMOVE blanks are definitely gone there. I was surprised to see this because Pitfall! and River Raid still blank out the left edge of the screen. I wonder if the Activision games are using something else?

Edited by Zach

Yes. Apparently one of the engineers on the project decided to fix the HMOVE bug without telling anyone. A classic "unclear on the concept" moment.

1001235[/snapback]

Actually, the FB2 is a somewhat interesting illustration of why the HMOVE blanks are there; without HMOVE blanking, any sprite that appears on the eighth pixel of the screen will also appear in the first 7 (start up Missile Command and fire a shot near the left edge to see this effect). I think it would have been better if Atari had blanked out just the sprites rather (leaving the background and playfield) than blacking out everything, but that might have been more complicated.

Actually, the FB2 is a somewhat interesting illustration of why the HMOVE blanks are there; without HMOVE blanking, any sprite that appears on the eighth pixel of the screen will also appear in the first 7 (start up Missile Command and fire a shot near the left edge to see this effect).

And this will happen anyway if you're not doing mid-screen positioning, so I doubt the HMOVE blank was specifically engineered to hide this effect.