IGNORED

Diamond GOS

Guitarman

Does anyone know where I can find the binary or rom for Diamond GOS?? Almost got a hold of the original cartridge on ebay but was outbid in the last minutes.

991030[/snapback]

Check your PM.

***EDIT***

Hope an ATR image will work for you.

Stephen Anderson

Edited by Stephen

Does anyone know where I can find the binary or rom for Diamond GOS?? Almost got a hold of the original cartridge on ebay but was outbid in the last minutes.

991030[/snapback]

Diamond_GOS_Package.zip

Contains: GOS 2 (rom), Write, Paint, Utilities, and Startup (disks)

The startup disk is configured for 128k and 2 disk drives, if I remember correctly. However, you can make your own startup disk with your own configuration using the utilities disk if necessary.

991030[/snapback]

Diamond_GOS_Package.zip

The startup disk is configured for 128k and 2 disk drives, if I remember correctly. However, you can make your own startup disk with your own configuration using the utilities disk if necessary.

991168[/snapback]

is it possible to configure this to work on a 64k 65xe?

I used to have Diamon Gos years ago. I really wanted to like it, but it's programs, especially paint and write had so many bugs it made them unusable for me. I even upgraded to 2.0 hoping that would solve the "bug" problems...no luck. So, I gave up on it. Everytime I was in the middle of a picture or paper, it would crash on me and I'd lose everything. I, unfortuantely, have no fond memories of Diamond due to the bugs. It became a collosal waste of time and money to me. I'm glad other desktops like Boss and Atos are available now, ones that actually work right.

991030[/snapback]

Diamond_GOS_Package.zip

991168[/snapback]

is it possible to configure this to work on a 64k 65xe?

991170[/snapback]

Yes

I used to have Diamon Gos years ago. I really wanted to like it, but it's programs, especially paint and write had so many bugs it made them unusable for me. I even upgraded to 2.0 hoping that would solve the "bug" problems...no luck. So, I gave up on it. Everytime I was in the middle of a picture or paper, it would crash on me and I'd lose everything. I, unfortuantely, have no fond memories of Diamond due to the bugs. It became a collosal waste of time and money to me. I'm glad other desktops like Boss and Atos are available now, ones that actually work right.

991202[/snapback]

GOS 2 was the only version I had. I was disappointed with Write for several reasons, but I never had any problems with Paint. I was running the real thing on a 130xe back in the 80's. I used this program for graphics in several applications I wrote back then. I still think it's a decent program, but I can do graphics much easier with photoshop and then import them into a8 format. The only problems I have had recently is when I was emulating in a different configuration than the startup disk was made for (i.e.: 1 meg memory in emulation/128k startup disk configuration).

Here's the documentation on GOS, Write, Paint, and Application Development:

Diamond_GOS_Docs.zip

991867[/snapback]

MrFish,

Many thanks for posting the Diamond files. They work great in Atari800Win. Now to burn the rom image to a ROM and test it out. I also downloaded the ATOS OS. Very nice. Time to build or get a MyIDE interface.

Here's the documentation on GOS, Write, Paint, and Application Development:

Diamond_GOS_Docs.zip

991867[/snapback]

MrFish,

Many thanks for posting the Diamond files. They work great in Atari800Win. Now to burn the rom image to a ROM and test it out. I also downloaded the ATOS OS. Very nice. Time to build or get a MyIDE interface.

994176[/snapback]

Glad to help.

Guitarman, do you actually play guitar, or is that just a handle?

There was another GOS type disk based desktop system, i bought it from computerhouse (Fulham, London) it was called G.O.S, can't remember if it was a full version or a demo, also i can't remember who it was done by but i still have the original disk somewhere

994481[/snapback]

GOS was by a company called "Total Control Systems". I have the original disk of that one. It was a demo and very limited functionality.

Found on another site:

- G.O.S., the Graphic operating system by Total Control systems; two different

versions are avaiable (I call them GOS 1 and GOS 2) and they are PD;

- G.O.E., the Graphic Operating Environment also by Total Control Systems

(this one merely works under Sparta DOS, not with Bewe-DOS and not at all with

DOS 2.x); so far I have found 3 different versions (GOE 1,2,3) with some

applications (graphic/painting program, etc.); PD;

Yes...I am a guitar player. I have beenj playing since about 1977. I am a headbanger at heart but presently playing in a country band. Check out Crimson Collar Website.

Yes...I am a guitar player. I have beenj playing since about 1977. I am a headbanger at heart but presently playing in a country band. Check out Crimson Collar Website.

994875[/snapback]

Nice website. I'll have to give a listen to the audio files later on.

I've been playing guitar since about 1980, so you've got a few years on me. I also have my roots in playing hard rock from the 60's and 70's, but I've been involved in various other types of music over the years, including country.

I could guess something was up from your picture, I wouldn't say an Ibanez with humbuckers (well, at least one) and a tremolo unit is the typical country and western set-up. :)

I could guess something was up from your picture, I wouldn't say an Ibanez with humbuckers (well, at least one) and a tremolo unit is the typical country and western set-up. :)

994908[/snapback]

One Ibanez of about 7!! LOL That's about all I play on.

994908[/snapback]

One Ibanez of about 7!! LOL That's about all I play on.

994973[/snapback]

7!! Dang, throw a couple my way! I've been livin' off a tele for about the last 6 years, but I'm really a gibson man. I'd love to play something else for a while.

Edited by MrFish