IGNORED

old atari cassete games

ace

Sometimes, processing of the .wav files in an audio editor can help a great deal.

1000225[/snapback]

if you know of a particular audio editor better at doing this let me know,

preferably a free, no hooks, no adware, non limited, downloadable one :)

I had just used the cheezy windows recorder and it might have not worked

right since I had to record a minute of dead sound and reduce the speed to

get more recording time (cheated) it might have not processed it correctly.

I don't know if it matthers, but I had a really hard time playing WAV files in the computer to a commodore cassette player, the solution was to make the cable to connect the computer to the PC and then record the WAV files to a new tape.

I've always wondered if my problem was with the 1010, my one and only cassette game or if I was just loading it wrong. Regardless, does anyone want a 1010 plus the game Hammerhead.

Incidentally, I couldn't find Hammerhead listed at atarimania.com. :ponder:

Mitch

Osbo: you might have the answer, I should probably use the atari program recorder to play the tape and record off of that instead of my stereo tape deck, hmm havta try that. can I just run the atari cable through my vcr and use the rca cables off of them to the inputs of my soundcard?

hey mitch, I was thinking the same thing about donating my 1010 until I had a realization....

its alot easier to get cassettes for saving programs and data you write on your atari than it is to find atari specific floppies. I know I can order floppies but I can go right donw to the local shaqcrap and get a cassette if I need one.

hey mitch, I was thinking the same thing about donating my 1010 until I had a realization....

its alot easier to get cassettes for saving programs and data you write on your atari than it is to find atari specific floppies. I know I can order floppies but I can go right donw to the local shaqcrap and get a cassette if I need one.

1000302[/snapback]

Well, I have a 1050 that I'm debating about getting rid of as well. I use APE for all of my Atari peripherals anyway.

Mitch