IGNORED

What weird concept would be great on 7800?

8th lutz

This is just for fun.

Pinball rpg-you buy flippers for strength,and stoppers with a story line

1000030[/snapback]

Sounds similar to an NES game I played. I think it was called "Pinball Quest" or similar. Had an RPG mode just like what you mentioned.

1000098[/snapback]

I do own Pinball quest. Good game.

Ninja Golf -- no wait, that's been done.

How about taking two movies and combining them? -- no, that's been worked to death.

How about a game where the Atari mascot fights the other companies' ones? -- no, there is no Atari mascot.

How about a XXX sex game with a hidden urban ultra-violent driving game?

I always thought of turning lawnmowing into a game...

1001575[/snapback]

Try "The Sims Bustin' Out" for the Game Boy Advance. It has a great lawnmowing minigame. Heck, the entire cartridgeis great - I highly recommend it.

For my weird concept for the 7800 - I would love a set of old 2600-style 2 player minigames (a la Wario Ware - say a one point winner Outlaw, then a one point winner Combat, then a one point winner Sky Diver, than a one point winner Air-Sea battle, etc. with the score staying constant through each game) stitched together using the power of the 7800.

I always thought they should have made a two player/split screen racing game for the 7800...maybe the cars could shoot rockets or something to knock other players off the track...it would kind of be like mario cart. There could be some wacky stuff on the track for booby traps and maybe some ramps and other stuff. That would be a fun party game for the 7800. And maybe the racing characters could be famous atari characters such as the guy from Pitfall and maybe Pac-man and Ms. Pac-man as well as Qbert and the Kaboom guy and some others. Okay, maybe this is too much like Mario cart but it would still be fun.

I also think a Stargate (the tv show) sidescroller or verticle scroller (like Ikari Warriors) adventure type of game would be fun as well if it could be done to look half way decent. Maybe there could be two player simultaneous play using a couple members of the stargate team and the other couple members can just be computer controlled on the screen. I don't know how that one would work exactly but I like the Stargate shows and I like atari games so maybe the two put together somehow could be kind of fun lol.

Yeah, I know those aren't very wierd concepts and might not be possible but I thought I'd suggest it anyways.

I also think a Stargate (the tv show) sidescroller or verticle scroller (like Ikari Warriors) adventure type of game would be fun as well if it could be done to look half way decent.

1003101[/snapback]

Technically speaking, an Atari video game for Stargate Atlantis already exists. Gameplay is pretty simple too:

The city is under siege by the Wraith, and you must use your rail gun installations (recently shipped in from Earth) to defend the city against the Wraith! Watch out, though! If a dart manages to penetrate the shield, it will beam in a task force of Wraith solders who will destroy that structure. If the city sustains too much damage, you'll have no choice but to evacuate in the Daedalus and destroy the city!

Hurry, you're the only hope the Pegasus Galaxy has against the Wraith! :ponder: :D

haha...well it looks like somebody else knows their Stargate Atlantis episodes. This wasn't exactly what I meant by a Stargate game...but definately a good observation on your part. Hey, maybe Stargate Atlantis got some of their inspiration for the Atari Atlantis video game?...who knows.

I always thought they should have made a two player/split screen racing game for the 7800...maybe the cars could shoot rockets or something to knock other players off the track...it would kind of be like mario cart.  There could be some wacky stuff on the track for booby traps and maybe some ramps and other stuff.  That would be a fun party game for the 7800.  And maybe the racing characters could be famous atari characters such as the guy from Pitfall and maybe Pac-man and Ms. Pac-man as well as Qbert and the Kaboom guy and some others.  Okay, maybe this is too much like Mario cart but it would still be fun.

I also think a Stargate (the tv show) sidescroller or verticle scroller (like Ikari Warriors) adventure type of game would be fun as well if it could be done to look half way decent.  Maybe there could be two player simultaneous play using a couple members of the stargate team and the other couple members can just be computer controlled on the screen.  I don't know how that one would work exactly but I like the Stargate shows and I like atari games so maybe the two put together somehow could be kind of fun lol.

Yeah, I know those aren't very wierd concepts and might not be possible but I thought I'd suggest it anyways.

1003101[/snapback]

Ya it's called Ballblazer

I think I'm confused or missing a joke or something...but how is ballblazer like a racing game where you can shoot the other driver/player...or a stargate sidescrolling adventure game?  Or did you just mean ballblazer is a split screen game too?

1003324[/snapback]

I think he means that ball blazer is a split screen game too.

There's a few games like that.

I wouldn't mind seeing a good Pac-Man like game where you have to mow the screen. Dogs would chase you around. Every so often weeds would grow back if you take too long to complete a level.

1001575[/snapback]

There's a few games like that.

I wouldn't mind seeing a good Pac-Man like game where you have to mow the screen. Dogs would chase you around. Every so often weeds would grow back if you take too long to complete a level.

1001575[/snapback]

1004027[/snapback]

And your push mower could temp be updarded to a rider mower for the power up, not only dose it scare dogs (you can't catch them...) but it permently flattens that area of grass.

• 2 weeks later...

Since i've been reading Retro Gamer magazine since it came out, i've gotten really interested in games for '80s home computers, especially British computers. I'd like to see Atari 7800 ports of Ant Attack (it was written to be easily ported to other platforms), Trailblazer, Manic Miner, Mercenary, Dizzy, Sabre Wulf, and of course, Elite.

1001575[/snapback]

I remember playing a lawnmower game on an ancient BBC Micro computer back in the early 80's. The object of the game was to successfully mow the lawn whilst avoiding rocks and not running out of petrol by picking up random fuel cans along the way. Perhaps someone could port it to the 7800? ;)