IGNORED

Replacement backlight for Lynx II

AussieAtari

The backlight in one of my Lynx consoles appears to have blown (flickering, bad smell and then black screen, all other functions of the unit are working fine still), does anyone know where I can source a replacement backlight or entire screen unit?

Also, I would appreciate the specifications required for an AC adaptor so I can cut down on my battery consumption.

Also, I would appreciate the specifications required for an AC adaptor so I can cut down on my battery consumption.

1001489[/snapback]

You need a DC powersupply providing 9 V 1 A according to the FAQ. The Lynx uses about 3 W only. So the 1 A is an overkill. Anything above 350 mA is enough.

The center pin provides the + power.

Two third of the power goes to the backlight. You could try to experiment with white LED's or something if you cannot find a replacement easily.

Personally I would go for the components found in mobile phones today. There all have these backlit stuff solved somehow.

--

Karri

• 3 weeks later...
I have a spare backlight, send me a pm and I'll get back to you. Cheers.

1004059[/snapback]

Hello,

I have also just discovered that it was my backlight that has died on my Lynx II. I was not sure if it was the screen or not, but I can barely see the screen when held up to a light so it must just be the dead backlight. It has been dead for a few years and we were going to part with the whole kit when we found hordes of info out on the web about these units. Now I too wish to repair this guy and enjoy it again. Any idea where I can now obtain a replacement backlight please - preferably in the US? Thanks very much.

Andy