IGNORED

Sinistar?

kevin242

wow someone made a copy of Sinistar for the Atari computers?? I was just at your site tempest and I didn't see a mention of it, what else can you say about this kevin242

1005046[/snapback]

Just go to the AtariAge front page and check through the older news and announcemnets, you will find the annoucement of it's discovery there, as well as the info on it you are looking for (except for when it will get released). Click on "older news" at the bottom of the front page and select page 3.

Edited by Gunstar

wow someone made a copy of Sinistar for the Atari computers?? I was just at your site tempest and I didn't see a mention of it, what else can you say about this kevin242

1005046[/snapback]

It's right here:

http://www.atariprotos.com/8bit/software/s...ar/sinistar.htm

I guess I forgot to make a link to it after it fell off my front page. Thanks for pointing that out.

Tempest

kevin242 says there are a couple versions but I only see one on that page. ??  maybe they are owned by different people, how many people are working on putting the game out??

1005294[/snapback]

There is one 'more complete' version and several work in progress versions. I have only reviewed the version that was the last to be worked on, but will review the rest in time. They are all in the possession of the same person and are being looked over by him. As soon as we get the OK from the programmer we will release the version that is considered to be the most playable (which may not be the last one that was worked on). The programmer must give his OK on the version that is released, as this was part of the deal for providing us with the game in the first place.

Tempest

It's a shame the programmer doesn't turn it into a short-term hobby and finish the game. I'm sure he has valid reasons,one of which is probably the fact that it's been well over 20 years of fading memory, I know I can't remember half of what I did yesterday, let alone twenty years ago! I've come across college term papers from 10 years ago and when I read them, I can't remember ever writing a single word of it and it often looks like a stranger's work, not mine, so I know how that goes with memory, but it's still a shame. All the same, I appreciate their willingness to get it released in any form.

Edited by Gunstar

kevin242 says there are a couple versions but I only see one on that page. ??  maybe they are owned by different people, how many people are working on putting the game out??

1005294[/snapback]

There is one 'more complete' version and several work in progress versions. I have only reviewed the version that was the last to be worked on, but will review the rest in time. They are all in the possession of the same person and are being looked over by him. As soon as we get the OK from the programmer we will release the version that is considered to be the most playable (which may not be the last one that was worked on). The programmer must give his OK on the version that is released, as this was part of the deal for providing us with the game in the first place.

Tempest

1005311[/snapback]

I'm confused, is the version you reviewed the most complete version?? I would think the last one to be worked on would be the most complete otherwise why would he give you the one version to review. did he not mark what versions they are?? Why doesnt the programmer release all the versions or are they looking to sell copies of them?

1005294[/snapback]

Tempest

1005311[/snapback]

I'm confused, is the version you reviewed the most complete version?? I would think the last one to be worked on would be the most complete otherwise why would he give you the one version to review. did he not mark what versions they are?? Why doesnt the programmer release all the versions or are they looking to sell copies of them?

1005632[/snapback]

The last version that was worked on isn't necessarily the best version. For instance if it has a debugger running in the back ground which slows down the gameplay, an earlier version may be better. The programmer gave a friend of mine several disks that have several versions. He is in the process of looking them over and seeing which plays the best (as was the programmers wishes). When that is determined that version will be released.

The programmer is the man who made all this happen, without him Sinistar would not exist. We must respect his wishes. If he wants every version to be reviewed to determine which one is best then that's what we're going to do. :)

Tempest