IGNORED

Mountain West Gaming Night (Utah)

Shaggy the Atarian

Late May isn't a bad idea and it will definently have to be on a Saturday this time. I will make sure to bring the same consoles I brought last time (Atari 7800 w/ CC2, Lynx, Jaguar, NUON, maybe the 5200). What about the location?

Well I'll bring my Saturn with Bomberman. Have 2 multitaps and 4 controllers so far. So if anyone else has some extra controllers we could have a 10 player battle. I'm one of the ones coming from CO so I don't really have any suggestions for places since I don't know the area around SLC at all.

While I wouldn't mind hosting it at my place, I'd have to convince the Mrs. for that, which for an all day event might be too much on her plate. I do have a garage full of arcades though.

For an ideal location a convention-style place would be great, but I can't think of any off the top of my head around here that we could get for free. If anyone does know of one, that would be perfect, unless someone else wants to hold it at their place.

Hey everyone,

I would love to host it again, but if all goes as planned, we'll have moved to Idaho by the end of May. If I come across any place that might be a good host, I'll let you know. I'll post pics of the last event soon. I have to reformat all of them.

Best,

Jarett

Hey everyone,

I would love to host it again, but if all goes as planned, we'll have moved to Idaho by the end of May. If I come across any place that might be a good host, I'll let you know. I'll post pics of the last event soon. I have to reformat all of them.

Best,

Jarett

So when's the latest you could make it? We could have a gaming day/going away party. :D

Hey everyone,

Best,

Jarett

Don't yo own Packrat VG? what will be come of it? I was planning on a trip down to the UC to visit after graduation. That may not happen now :| :( :_( :x :skull: :evil: <---- that's me dying of sadness and going "down under"

Edited by Teknik_SE-R

Yup, I own Packrat Video Games. Since we don't have a physical storefront (everything is online), the business lends itself well to this move. We'll actually be in Idaho for just this summer while my wife works on her internship, then we'll settle permanently in St. George, UT. Packrat may actually have a physical storefront in St. George in the future, but we'll have to see.

Nothing is finalized quite yet, but it's looking like we'll be moving mid-May. If anyone would like to come over before then, I'd be more than happy to host again, all day if you'd like. I could re-arrange a little to make more room as well. Just let me know.

Best,

Jarett

Yup, I own Packrat Video Games. Since we don't have a physical storefront (everything is online), the business lends itself well to this move. We'll actually be in Idaho for just this summer while my wife works on her internship, then we'll settle permanently in St. George, UT. Packrat may actually have a physical storefront in St. George in the future, but we'll have to see.

Nothing is finalized quite yet, but it's looking like we'll be moving mid-May. If anyone would like to come over before then, I'd be more than happy to host again, all day if you'd like. I could re-arrange a little to make more room as well. Just let me know.

Best,

Jarett

It would be good to do it before you leave, I wasn't sure when that was going to be. Just provide a date and I'll be there. :)

Best,

Jarett

It would be good to do it before you leave, I wasn't sure when that was going to be. Just provide a date and I'll be there. :)

I'll be there too. Just need to know enough in advance to get the time off from work. Drive shouldn't be as long this time unless there is a freak snow storm in May.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sadly, we're starting our move to Idaho tomorrow. So I hope that you guys will be able to find a place for the next get together.

Also, if anyone is interested, I have a Phoenix upright arcade machine that I really don't want to move. I'd be willing to let it go for $50 if someone can come and pick it up before Thursday. I'll be sad to see it go, but I will have an entire arcade to myself in my new job. PM me if you're interested.

Best,

Jarett

I see, well good luck on the move and with the new arcade. I wouldn't mind picking up that arcade, but I don't have the money at the moment. :sad:

If anyone has a suggestion as to a place to hold this, say so here. I wouldn't mind holding it at my place, but I would have to talk to my wife about that. I also don't have anything to give away as prizes for contests (maybe a few loose carts, but nothing really cool). If there is a convention center type place that also could be good, I just can't think of any off the top of my head and it would cost a little to rent out. I'm open to ideas. :)