IGNORED

WHY IS Yorgle scared of the yellow key?

liquid_sky

In the program code for this game, 4 lines down and to the right of "EE426" is that a P or an F?

If it is an F it would explain alot, but I'm not gonna go into that.

And what's up with that little sequence of digits on the 43rd line? something wierd like: CtAiPsN' CvRooUzzNppCyyH

[ 05-29-2002: Message edited by: KAZ ]

It is fascinating (and yet strangely depressing... kind of like seeing the man behind the curtain) to look at this code disassembly.

It almost makes me wonder though... maybe Yorgle was really supposed to guard the yellow key, but there was a programming glitch. (And then, maybe, after seeing the results, W.R. decided he liked it and kept it that way.)

Just a thought...

• 2 years later...
My materials engineering professor taught us that Yorgle feared the yellow key because they are forged from the same material. Just like Superman and Kryptonite' date=' it may be that Yorgle loses his power when faced with the key, and runs because he knows he will be powerless against you. And the castle? It is merely painted yellow in an effort to fool the dragon into running away. But he is not fooled![/quote']

And what else is that color...the sword? right?

(btw, who hear thought it was an arrow and attacked dragons with what I now think is the "hilt" of the sword?)

You mean I'm not supposed to stick them with the pointy end? I always hold it like an arrow... has my poor little square

been holding its sword by the blade for the last 24 years?

Well' date=' that's what I did for the longest time...now I'm not sure:

which is appropriate attack posture?

A. <--[']

B. []<--

If B, I think Warren coulda made a clearer hilt...

You mean I'm not supposed to stick them with the pointy end? I always hold it like an arrow... has my poor little square

been holding its sword by the blade for the last 24 years?

Well' date=' that's what I did for the longest time...now I'm not sure:

which is appropriate attack posture?

A. <--[']

B. []<--

If B, I think Warren coulda made a clearer hilt...

Always held the sword like this

<--[]

And what's up with that little sequence of digits on the 43rd line? something wierd like: CtAiPsN' CvRooUzzNppCyyH

[ 05-29-2002: Message edited by: KAZ ]

I get it. :D Anybody else see it?

CtAiPsN' CvRooUzzNppCyyH

C A P N' C R U N C H

Cap'n Crunch. That's the code, right? Sure sign of a hacker and his meals. No doubt it's a play off the old "Cap'n Crunch" and "2600" hacking noteables. Seems like I read something about that in an earlier post. :D

So where's my prize? :P

Nono...no biggie. I just thought I'd say something since some people in this thread are no longer around (don't wanna get anybody's hopes up) :)

Here...you can have a donut. Hope you don't mind chocolate' date=' because that's all there are :D[/quote']

homer-donut-curl237.jpg

Ha! Is this the first time we've discussed the "arrow" shape of the sword around here?

Yes... I used to always hold it like an arrow and not like a sword. When I went through one of my first "retro" Atari phases, probably in college in the early '90s, I finally realized how that "arrow" was supposed to look like a sword, and how I'd been mentally "holding" it backwards all those years.

:lol:

Of course, you can't turn it around anyway, so what difference does it make?

• 8 months later...
Hey now, it's that flicker that allowed me to find the invisible dot back in the day.

I was trying to figure out why the room was flickering when there was only one object in it (the object I was carrying).  

I always sort of wondered why that room flickered when you were in it with one item, yet the other rooms weren't like that, but I never really gave it much thought. I figured it was a glitch, (sort of like in Goonies II for Nintendo - that one room in the Green Caverns (where you find a key ring) that has a room to the right that you enter and keep coming into the same room). But my brother was messing around and found the dot by chance. He was in that small cubicle where the dot was and must have picked the dot up by accident and thought it was the bridge that he picked up. He crossed the bridge in the room below and tried to get up through the bottom of the cubicle and saw the dot. He picked it up, not quite knowing what to do with it. Later that same day, I'm pretty sure, he found the "Easter Egg" room.

I remember one time, we "fried" the game ("Frying", means flipping the on/off lever real fast to make weird things happen), and the dot was on the Level Select screen, along with several other items. The Level 1 game, which was affected by the frying was bizarre. The castle gates were open, which usually happened if the bat was in the Level Select screen through frying. That's probably because the bat was actually in the game! He was on the dead-end path that's part of the bridge shortcut, and he was in place, carrying nothing. Furthermore, he was the only thing in the game. Through frying, the items that appear on the Level Select Screen are absent from the affected game. If a key appears in the room, the game would be unsolvable, unless it's the white key, which usually leads to Rhindle actually being in the game, somehow programmed like the other two dragons in Level 1 (hesitating for about three seconds after you hit them). Sometimes, items not appearing on the Level Select screen are not in the affected game, as illustrated by the time when the dot, the sword, and a dragon appeared on the screen.

NOTE: Excessive "frying" the game is not recommended, as it can wear out on/off level, or screw up the cartridge. Doing it occasionally is probably OK, but just be sure not to overdo it.

room34 -

Here is a AVI of how to paralyze Yorgle with the yellow key.  

Paralyzing Yorgle

Enjoy!

Seeing as it's been nearly three years since this link was posted, it no longer works. But did it have something to do with grabbing the key from the bottom right and shoving it up into the upper lefthand corner of the Gold Castle room so it appears on the bottom, a few inches from the left? If you do that and lure Yorgle into the castle, he scrolls along the bottom of the screen. Is that sort of how the AVI went?