IGNORED

WHY IS Yorgle scared of the yellow key?

liquid_sky

I don't think that the logic about Yorgle being afraid of the gold key because of its color is valid. After all, the sword is the same color and Yorgle doesn't run from it (well, unless the right difficulty switch is on "A")

I forgot to mention that other games that are affected by "frying" can be unsolvable. Sometimes, the barriers move when a "fry" is performed, and, if the barrier in the room southwest of the castle is to the right of the door that leads to the maze and the barrier in the room southeast of the castle is to the right of the door that leads to the red room where Grundle is guarding the Black Key, you're outta luck - you can't get to the black castle and you can't solve the game! Just thought I'd point that out.

room34 -

Here is a AVI of how to paralyze Yorgle with the yellow key.  

Paralyzing Yorgle

Enjoy!

Seeing as it's been nearly three years since this link was posted, it no longer works. But did it have something to do with grabbing the key from the bottom right and shoving it up into the upper lefthand corner of the Gold Castle room so it appears on the bottom, a few inches from the left? If you do that and lure Yorgle into the castle, he scrolls along the bottom of the screen. Is that sort of how the AVI went?

Wow - three years since this came up!! Anyway, I'm glad someone showed interest in this - I always thought it was really cool. I have seen the "scolling" Yorgle as you described; this trick actually paralyzes him!!

- Start on game 1

- Get gold key. Hold it so it's to your right.

- Go down to the next screen. "Peek" into the room to the left so that the yellow key isn't seen. Yorgle will attack.

- When he gets close enough, make him "bite" you. The gold key will be on the screen now so he'll be running when he finishes his "bite".

- While he's in his "bite", move the gold key so that it is lined up vertically with Yorgle. You are trying to line it up right on his mouth.

- When he's done "biting", if you have the key lined up vertically, he'll either move up or down to get away from the key. Which ever way he moves, move with him. You are faster than Yorgle so it's possible.

- Try to "stop" right when the key is lined up on his mouth. If you do it perfectly, he'll be paralyzed!! At this point, you can drop the key.

I've gotten pretty good at this - but it takes me at least a couple times to get it right. If you need help, let me know and I'll dig up the AVI and email it to you.

Have fun!!

I don't think that the logic about Yorgle being afraid of the gold key because of its color is valid.  After all, the sword is the same color and Yorgle doesn't run from it (well, unless the right difficulty switch is on "A")

Color doesn't matter...it's programmed to "fear" the key:

;Yellow Dragon's Object Matrix

YelDragMatrix:

.byte SwordR,YDragonR       ;Sword, Yellow Dragon

.byte YKeyR,YDragonR        ;Yellow Key, Yellow Dragon

.byte YDragonR,PlayerRoom   ;Yellow Dragon, Ball

.byte YDragonR,ChaliseR     ;Yellow Dragon, Chalise

.byte $00                   ;matrix end

If you wanted to correct the game so that it guards the key instead, you just change the list...

YelDragMatrix:

.byte YDragonR,PlayerRoom   ;Yellow Dragon, Ball

.byte YDragonR,YKeyR        ;Yellow Dragon, Yellow Key

You could even make the dragon fear you...but the game would become kinda pointless then...

YelDragMatrix:

.byte YKeyR,YDragonR        ;Yellow Key, Yellow Dragon

.byte PlayerRoom,YDragonR   ;Ball, Yellow Dragon

The yellow key is the key to the bathroom, and Yorgle still likes to go outside.

Phil

Does the bathroom have a translucent window in it? If so, maybe Yorgle is scared of that. I know a kid who used to avoid restrooms with frosted glass windows at all costs, or if he absolutely had to go, he'd go in with his eyes closed.

Anyway, maybe Yorgle has the same fear.

He's afraid of the key because it's yellow, and he has self-loathing issues.

Deep down, Yorkle trully wished to be Rhindle, as red is something of a status symbol among dragons. or was it ducks? Whatever.

When confronted with his true self, and the yellow object which symbolizes the key to his true identity, Yorkle becomes paralyzed with fear and loathing, and often flees. Unfortunately, most shrinks do not accept pixilated dragon-duck thingies with mental health issues. The bat took him to a public healh worker once, but Yorkle ate him. :D

Here's something rather pointless, yet a tad funny, to try. It works best on Level 1, when the dragons hesitate for a few seconds after hitting you. Hit the dragon and go around him to his backside and push against the dragon there. Instead of swallowing you, he seems to suck you in through his butt. :D

the Key used to be silver. then the yellow dragon ate it. When he finally passed the key (after 2 months of trying) it had taken his yellow coloring. So now when he sees it he has to run off to the head! Simple really. you guys just do not think things through. :D