IGNORED

Best Of The Best 1 - Fighting Games

The_Laird

Which of these fighting games do you think is the best on the Lynx?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these fighting games do you think is the best on the Lynx?

• Ninja Gaiden
    • Double Dragon
    • Rampage
    • Pit-Fighter
    • Rygar
    • Ninja Gaiden 3
    • Batman Returns
    • Kung Food
    • Dirty Larry
    • Waiting for Ultra Vore!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This will be the first round of my best of best polls to find what the fans think are the beast Lynx games in each catagory, then I will post a final results thread. My vote will go for Pit-Fighter because although the Lynx version isn't as arcade perfect as it should be its one of my favourite games ever. Second and third would be Rampage and Ninja Gaiden.

only pit fighter is the true fighting game. Ninja Gaiden is an action/adventure, Rygar is by no means a fighting game, have you even played these games? Kung Food is a beat em up, Double dragon is a beat em up, Batman Returns is a beat em up. Dirty Larry, i would classify as an adventure because the last time i played it, he used a gun to shoot people and didn't really beat people up.

Fighters are Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Virtual Fighter, games like that, not side scrolling adventure games, or games like Final Fight. There's a distinct difference between fighters and beat em ups regardless if you want to believe it or not. So since Pit fighter is the only true fighter, i've voted for that.

But if you don't want to classify the games as they truely are, then if you have those games listed, why not Shadow of the beast? Thats more fighting than Rygar, at least the main char uses his fists. Or if you have Ninja Gaiden, then why not Switchblade II?

Edited by JagFan422

Fighters are games where you fight people :ponder: The same as beat 'em ups. There are a difference between scrolling beat 'em ups (or fighters) and one on one beat 'em ups (or fighting games). In Dirty Larry you use your fists too. There is no way Ninja Gaiden is an adventure game, maybe Ninja Gaiden 3 but no way the first one. In Rygar you use weapons (not a gun) and so its still a beat 'em up. I thought about Switchblade 2 but its more of a platformer than a fighting game and Shadow Of The Beast is definately an adventure game. I'm wondering if you've played them if you think Ninja Gaiden is an adventure game! :rolling:

Fighters are games where you fight people  :ponder:  The same as beat 'em ups. There are a difference between scrolling beat 'em ups (or fighters) and one on one beat 'em ups (or fighting games). In Dirty Larry you use your fists too. There is no way Ninja Gaiden is an adventure game, maybe Ninja Gaiden 3 but no way the first one. In Rygar you use weapons (not a gun) and so its still a beat 'em up. I thought about Switchblade 2 but its more of a platformer than a fighting game and Shadow Of The Beast is definately an adventure game. I'm wondering if you've played them if you think Ninja Gaiden is an adventure game!  :rolling:

1007284[/snapback]

It's not a fighting game either, and In Rygar, you fight monsters with weapons. So what about Toki?? Whats next, you're going to tell me Roadblasters is a racing game just because you drive a vehicle? And YES, beat em ups are entirely different than fighting games. Side scrolling beat em ups are NOT fighting games. Side scrolling adventure games, Rygar, are not fighting games. Are you going to tell me that Castlevania is a fighting game? Rygar is similar to that style of game.

Edited by JagFan422

what the hell ass hole, whats your problem, your flawed thinking gets called out and you resort to insults, thats real mature, fighting games ARE VERY DIFFERENT FROM BEAT EM UPS, anybody that knows anything about games and gaming history will tell you that Street Fighter II is different than Rival Turf, or that Virtual Fighter is different from Final Fight, or that Tekken is different from Double Dragon. Mortal Kombat is a fighting game, Mortal Kombat Mythologies is not.

And even now you still can't get it right. Kung food has no people in it, Rygar has no people in it. Rampage you don't fight anybody you just knock down people and destroy stuff.

Whoa, calm down, JagFan422! I see your point, but I think we should have a real discussion rather than a back-and-forth flame war.

If you're looking strictly at "one-on-one" fighting games in the style of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, then you're right, Pit-Fighter is the only one on the Lynx that has been released so far. Ultravore was also such a game that was being worked on, but it hasn't been released. Some people do consider "beat-em-ups" to be part of the fighting game genre as well. I think for the purposes of this thread/poll, those games like Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon, and Kung Food should be included.

Not counting the unreleased Ultravore (which I can't judge, since I haven't played it), I'd say Rampage is the best Lynx game on the list mr.kizza posted, but I don't really consider that a fighting game myself. It's mainly an action game with only some basic fighting when playing multiplayer.

The best Lynx game that I consider to be in the fighting genre would be...I don't know, that's a tough one. It's a toss-up between Ninja Gaiden and Double Dragon. Ninja Gaiden is missing the arcade game's two-player mode, and doesn't have as many moves as Double Dragon, but it looks and sound great and plays very well. Double Dragon has large and detailed characters, more moves and weapons, and retains the arcade game's two-player mode. However, the fact that the Double Dragon characters are so big means you don't see as much of the background, and it sometimes seems to limit maneuverability within the stages.

i will not calm down when this jerk insults me, if you've seen the other threads in the lynx forum when he states something and i reply, and i can quote as much as you want, but i'm right and he's wrong, he immediately starts insulting and it turns into a flame war.

The lynx is NOT better than the SNES, Megadrive, GBA, and beat em ups are DIFFERENT than "FIGHTING GAMES"

i will not calm down when this jerk insults me, if you've seen the other threads in the lynx forum when he states something and i reply, and i can quote as much as you want, but i'm right and he's wrong, he immediately starts insulting and it turns into a flame war. 

The lynx is NOT better than the SNES, Megadrive, GBA, and beat em ups are DIFFERENT than "FIGHTING GAMES"

1008616[/snapback]

Erm check what your quoting as I NEVER said the Lynx was better than the SNES, Megadrive or GBA. This has been sorted already, it was YOU misquoting me before that brought up that statement. I simply quoted an old magazine called ACE where it stated the Lynx was comparable to a SNES :roll: . I have been involved in gaming for 20 years, including having games published and have NEVER met anyone who thinks fighting games and beat 'em ups are different. They are always the same catagory in magazines too. Rampage fits into this catagory better than any other which is why it was included. In all those games you mention you FIGHT people/monsters/things so go figure. . . . . :ponder:

I picked Ninja Gaiden. I considered it a beat'em up. When I think of fighting games, I think of head to head fighting, like one on one. Capcom called Final fight and Street Fighter two fighters. Mr. Kizza is right in calling them fighting games like Double dragon.

It also can be one on two. Wrestling games can be also. I think the beat'em up term was made up as a way to prevent the confusion in game play to descibe the difference from head to head and fighting. I think this started along the time games like Kung Fu Master, and Shao Lin's Road cameout and they came out at same time games like Karate Champ and yie ar kung fu were released. All of the games on the list are fighting games, but not in the same way. Head to fighting games have meters above the names of the fighters at the same length of energy. By the time lynx came out, This was the stand of type of games with some magazines making the term or game players them selves. This same problem happens in shooters.

Edited by 8th lutz

• 3 weeks later...