IGNORED

"Cloak & Dagger" D.Comstock On RetroGaming Radio

Atariboy2600

It would be cool to recreate that game shop. I love the Atari posters in the background. I wish they were available somewhere.

Allan

1012039[/snapback]

Here we go:

The Gamekeeper is an actual shop located in the Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California; a few miles from Universal Studios. The shop originally specialized in sophisticated role-playing games, such as the popular Dungeons & Dragons series. Since the time of the film it has relocated to a smaller store space within the mall and sells mainly mainstream board games. There are now also several franchise locations at other malls around the country.

Tempest

It would be cool to recreate that game shop. I love the Atari posters in the background. I wish they were available somewhere.

Allan

1012039[/snapback]

Here we go:

The Gamekeeper is an actual shop located in the Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California; a few miles from Universal Studios. The shop originally specialized in sophisticated role-playing games, such as the popular Dungeons & Dragons series. Since the time of the film it has relocated to a smaller store space within the mall and sells mainly mainstream board games. There are now also several franchise locations at other malls around the country.

Tempest

1012043[/snapback]

Thanks Tempest.

If they had been in the same location, it would have been neat to see a picture of the place today. But since they moved, it's just not the same.

OK, I'll just settle for the 5200 poster. :)

Allan

Allan

1012039[/snapback]

Here we go:

Tempest

1012043[/snapback]

Thanks Tempest.

If they had been in the same location, it would have been neat to see a picture of the place today. But since they moved, it's just not the same.

Allan

1012049[/snapback]

What would have been cool is if the DVD had extras that included commentaries about the involvment with Atari. It's kind of cool to think that those 5200 boxes might be sitting in someones closet. You never know. Just look at what was saved from the Last Starfighter.

Allan

Allan

1012039[/snapback]

Here we go:

Tempest

1012043[/snapback]

Thanks Tempest.

Allan

1012049[/snapback]

Seem that the poater in the backdrop of the game shop looks almost like the 5200 Catalog console image but with a deffint background color or some what. I hope some one do have the real poster I to want one :lust:

post-5587-1138986050_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1138986060_thumb.jpg

I took one of 8bitclassic 5200 template size and made this Cloak & Dagger label that was use in the film I try to match the same font and line art from the movie and hope I got it as closes as I can.

1012178[/snapback]

That looks really good, although the edges of the CLOAK & DAGGER text might have to be cleaned up a bit. A vector version of this label could be scaled up to any size (and would print very well at 1200x1200dpi) would be ideal. :)

..Al

I took one of 8bitclassic 5200 template size and made this Cloak & Dagger label that was use in the film I try to match the same font and line art from the movie and hope I got it as closes as I can.

1012178[/snapback]

That looks really good, although the edges of the CLOAK & DAGGER text might have to be cleaned up a bit. A vector version of this label could be scaled up to any size (and would print very well at 1200x1200dpi) would be ideal. :)

..Al

1012183[/snapback]

Thanks Ill try to fit it up tonight but here's an old early post on Cloak & Dagger back in 2002, The Cloak & Dagger Challenge

1012178[/snapback]

..Al

1012183[/snapback]

... Is it me or is Albert hinting at something? :D

Well, its working closely with friends like Dutchman and Tempest that helps get so much done, it takes a team effort to keep up with all that is going on, so onto the pics:

Thanks to Matt for screen captures of these from my Disk...

Curt,

Nice screen shots....looking forward to firing it up! You're probably right about the use of the name, I believe Universal may have something to say about releasing a game by that name. But hey...first things first, eh?

Geo

Well, its working closely with friends like Dutchman and Tempest that helps get so much done, it takes a team effort to keep up with all that is going on, so onto the pics:

Thanks to Matt for screen captures of these from my Disk...

Curt,

Nice screen shots....looking forward to firing it up! You're probably right about the use of the name, I believe Universal may have something to say about releasing a game by that name. But hey...first things first, eh?

Geo

1015822[/snapback]

I don't think he was talking about the use of the name. The game is based on the arcade game not the movie. I think he was talking about the actual typeface used for the label that atariboy made. But now that you mention it, it's odd the it's an Universal Pictues movie but Atari was owned by Warner Comm. at the time...makes you wonder.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
The middle blue stripe in the middle should be centered but other than that it looks good. I am talking about the second blue line underneath Cloak

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed somethig, The thin black lines, there are 4 one is at the top then ablue bar and two in both sides of a blue bar and the last one is at the bottom and a blue bar on top of it.

• 4 years later...