IGNORED

Screenshot Archive is no more

Dones

I noticed it today. The domain is no longer registered and is up for grabs. This site was very helpful for those looking for game related artwork. These guys had everything. They even offered customized versions of popular emus that added quick program termination at the press of the ESC key. Anyone ever took advantage of this website?

Honestly I don't know. They had an atari pack for most consoles, but I don't remember them being complete. Some shots also looked kind of grainy and of low quality. If they were the people you mention then I guess you should be happy.

Edited by Dones

Honestly I don't know. They had an atari pack for most consoles, but I don't remember them being complete. Some shots also looked kind of grainy and of low quality. If they were the people you mention then I guess you should be happy.

1011034[/snapback]

Should be back up within the month. It was run by someone over at BYOAC and Mahuti from BYOAC who also runs Local Arcade will be hosting it. Sorry to hear those shots were lifted though : /

EDIT: Take that back, its back up here http://localarcade.com/screenshotarchive/

Edited by AtariYoungin

Should be back up within the month. It was run by someone over at BYOAC and Mahuti from BYOAC who also runs Local Arcade will be hosting it. Sorry to hear those shots were lifted though : /

EDIT: Take that back, its back up here http://localarcade.com/screenshotarchive/

1011872[/snapback]

Looks like they lifted the 7800 Choplifter cart scan, at least. :ponder:

AtariAge scan:

post-6060-1138992061_thumb.jpg

Screenshot Archive scan:

post-6060-1138992076_thumb.jpg

For what it is worth they DO credit atari age for ALL atari related screenshots.

The credits are included in the zip files and also includes links to this site as well as three other ATARI related sites.

Funny considering it probably took them longer to get the pics off this site than it would have to get them in an emulator. (With the exception of cart and box scans of course).

I actually came here today because I noticed they were gone as well.

Doesn't seem to like firefox though. :(

Maybe I have something set in firefox that is blocking out something.

Speaking of which. Anyone know where I can find snaps of MSX games? I'm working on setting up some emu's for my nephew's xbox.

Edited by Shannon

For what it is worth they DO credit atari age for ALL atari related screenshots.

This isn't the site I was thinking of originally, unless they completely changed the site design. But there are probably a few of this nature.

Funny considering it probably took them longer to get the pics off this site than it would have to get them in an emulator.  (With the exception of cart and box scans of course).

I wouldn't say that, as it takes quite some time to take screenshots in an emulator (especially if you take more than one shot--I always take several) and name the files properly. And I doubt someone grabbed them all by hands (there are ways to automate this).

..Al

Really? The way the atariage database is set up I didn't realize it was that easy. Not only would they have to pull the files, but then either write something to properly rename the files, or hope to heck they know their games real well. Just seems like an awful lot of effort even with automation. All the files at the screenshotarchive are based on goodnames.

As for screenshots when I was doing some for mamewah I just wrote a batch script to automatically rename my shots to the proper name after exiting the emulator. It was fairly easy and not much effort.

Edited by Shannon

I wouldn't say that, as it takes quite some time to tzake screenshots in an emulator (especially if you take more than one shot--I always take several) and name the files properly.  And I doubt someone grabbed them all by hands (there are ways to automate this).

..Al

Al, you probably already know this, but I'll throw it in anyway. I think you normally use Stella for snapshots, right? There's an option to use the romname as determined by the stella.pro file for naming the snapshots. So renaming wouldn't really be necessary, would it?

I wouldn't say that, as it takes quite some time to tzake screenshots in an emulator (especially if you take more than one shot--I always take several) and name the files properly.  And I doubt someone grabbed them all by hands (there are ways to automate this).

..Al

Al, you probably already know this, but I'll throw it in anyway. I think you normally use Stella for snapshots, right? There's an option to use the romname as determined by the stella.pro file for naming the snapshots. So renaming wouldn't really be necessary, would it?

1015944[/snapback]

Depends how the ROM is named. The way the site is setup right now the filenames need to match the assigned name in the database, and since the server is running Linux, they are case sensitive. So more than likely I still have to rename the files even if the emulator bases the name for the screenshot on the name of the binary.

..Al