IGNORED

New Lynx Owner, Need Some Advice

Saccharin

Hello. I just bought a used Lynx II off eBay in like new condition with 4 games (Batman Returns, Hard Drivin', NFL Football, and Ninja Gaiden) plus an AC adapter. I'm very excited about playing my new handheld and was wondering if there's anything I need to know about this system.

I understand the screen is really small, is there any type of magnifier I can get for it? Also, is there a mult-cart available?

Thanks in advance.

Not really just go ahead and enjoy the best handheld ever made (and personally my fave console ever!). You don't need a magnifier the Lynx has the biggest screen of any of the first gen handhelds and a great backlight too. No real multi-carts are available unless you count Pinball Jam (2 pinball games) and Super Asteroids/Missile command combo. The Lynx has a superb game collection with very few stinkers and some of the best arcade conversions you will ever see. Welcome to our world!

Hello. I just bought a used Lynx II off eBay in like new condition with 4 games (Batman Returns, Hard Drivin', NFL Football, and Ninja Gaiden) plus an AC adapter. I'm very excited about playing my new handheld and was wondering if there's anything I need to know about this system.

Congratulations on your purchase, I'm sure you'll have tons of fun with the Lynx. And you can get many new games quite inexpensively for it. :)

I understand the screen is really small, is there any type of magnifier I can get for it? Also, is there a mult-cart available?

The Lynx screen is a fairly decent size and it's not terribly high resolution, so no real need for magnification. I've never seen any multi-carts for the Lynx, sorry.

..Al

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I had a gut feeling about the Lynx, and since I got a good deal on one I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. It was between the Lynx and Sega Game Gear (sorry, I've always had a soft spot for Sega :)).

About the magnifier, let's just say I do decide later on that I want to get one. Are they available? Does it distort the image? What are your takes on this?

i think your going to find once you play that your not going to want any kind of magnifier, like its been stated already, the screen is large, largest of any from that era. Also not to say they don't exist, but i don't think i've ever seen a magnifer for the Lynx. But again, once you get your hands on it, your going to find its not needed.

Thanks for the replies, guys. It seems the Lynx has quite the cult following!

Are there any "must have" accessories for it? Fill me in! :)

I want to be baptized!!!!!

1011749[/snapback]

The only must-have accessory is a comlynx cable to play up 8-player link-up (it can be more but no games offer more than 8) but that means you will have to persuade some of your friends to buy a Lynx too! :D