IGNORED

Where to buy a Lynx II without breaking the bank?

rockman_x_2002

Hello all,

I'm a Lynx I owner and I enjoy the system quite a bit. I got the system several years ago as a leftover from an auction for about $2. It's worn out, and the only reason they sold it so cheap was because they thought it was broken (nobody ever thought to put a card in and actually try it out). But because of its size I'm finding that the Lynx I isn't quite as "Handy" as its namesake would seem to imply.

So I'm looking for somewhere to buy a Lynx II system. Preferably one that's with its original box, maybe with a pack-in game, though as long as the console is in good shape and will still work I'll be content with simply that.

That said, is there anywhere online that one might puchase a Lynx II system (boxed, with a game, or unboxed) for a respectable (read: "cheap") price, or perhaps anyone here maybe that has one and would like to unload a spare one? I'm a college student so that's why I'm having to be a little bit frugal on the price. I don't do Paypal but I can pay by money order.

Any help is appreciated. I'd kinda like to grab one up within the next week or so. I'm on a Lynx kick right now, I guess you could say. :P

eBay is easily going to be your best bet. Finding boxed Lynx II units with a game isn't easy, and the few online retailers who do have any in stock don't have them for real cheap. You can often find auctions on eBay for good working condition Lynx II units that come with multiple games, and those tend to be the best deals you'll find. I'd recommend posting in the Marketplace forum as well to let people know you're looking for one.

I don't know what you consider "cheap", but I got mine here: http://www.1632-sales.zenwebhosting.com/acatalog/

It looks like he's no longer selling the bare system, you have to get a bundle. But the good news is these units are new in the box. Unless you get the "refurb", of course.

His prices are higher in general than when I got mine there (I think I paid like $30), but it still might be worth it if you really want a new unit. I might email him just to verify that these are still NIB, but like I said, mine was and I don't see any reason why he'd separate refurb and non-refurb units unless the latter were new. Or, alternatively, you could email and ask if the refurbs come with a box, but I kinda doubt it.

The box you get is the white one... I've seen Lynx's with both black and white boxes, not sure of the difference myself. Were the white ones European?

Actually I guess I should've also mentioned that I'm from the U.S., so I'm looking for one of those consoles that were built here. As for the white boxes, I believe there were Lynxes in white boxes here as well. I seem to recall seeing one in an EB store some ten years ago when I went on vacation.

I've been poking around the Internet and the only site I've come by is this one. http://store.videogametrader.com/ They have a preowned Lynx Deluxe Package (box included, with system, California Games, AC adaptor, carrying case, and Comlynx cable) for $46.88 (plus shipping). For me, that price is what I would say is borderlining cheap (Anything under $50 minus shipping). But I've never heard of this company, nor have I had any dealings with them. I was wondering if maybe someone here could shed some light on this and see if maybe this is a good possibility or should I just pass?

2 to 3 weeks is a long time to wait, but really I don't mind the wait, so long as the end results turn out fine. I just want to gather a few opinions here (since I'm not much of a Web shopper). :D

Edited by rockman_x_2002

Actually I guess I should've also mentioned that I'm from the U.S., so I'm looking for one of those consoles that were built here.  As for the white boxes, I believe there were Lynxes in white boxes here as well.  I seem to recall seeing one in an EB store some ten years ago when I went on vacation.

I've been poking around the Internet and the only site I've come by is this one.  http://store.videogametrader.com/  They have a preowned Lynx Deluxe Package (box included, with system, California Games, AC adaptor, carrying case, and Comlynx cable) for $46.88 (plus shipping).  For me, that price is what I would say is borderlining cheap (Anything under $50 minus shipping).  But I've never heard of this company, nor have I had any dealings with them.  I was wondering if maybe someone here could shed some light on this and see if maybe this is a good possibility or should I just pass?

2 to 3 weeks is a long time to wait, but really I don't mind the wait, so long as the end results turn out fine.  I just want to gather a few opinions here (since I'm not much of a Web shopper).  :D

1014886[/snapback]

All Lynx's are the same it dosn't matter what country they are in.