IGNORED

Changing MyDos Screen Colors

crash

Greetings,

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit MyDos to change the screen colors from Blue/White to something with a bit more contrast like Black/White?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a program that will change screen colors, that I could load prior to MyDos?

Thanks!

When you call DOS, MyDOS re-opens the screen, changing the colours back to their defaults.

I had a quick look through the code, the easiest way is to do a patch in the DUP.SYS file.

I've added some code to the end of the DUP.SYS file, to change the colours you want, go into the monitor (F8).

C 4334 nn (nn= hex value for background colour)

C 4339 nn (nn= text colour)

To make the change permanent, you have to write the DOS files back to a disk.

MYDOS45.zip

SWEET! Thank you very much! :D

Hmmm... Strangely enough, if I try to set the background color to 00, it will change to black, but if I write the changes to disk, the ATR no longer functions. Any ideas? Also, how did you go about adding the code? Can this be appended to MyDOS 4.53/4?

MyDOS454.zip

Edited by crash

Probably best to make an entire new image and write the DOS files to that.

To make the change, I replaced a call to $E456 (CIO call) in the DUP.SYS code. Then I just appended code to the end of the DUP which does the colour changes, then altered the start of the file (load end address pointer).

The JMP $E456 is at $3D7C, changed to JMP $4332, code to store colours is there.

Just hope that the DOS is smart enough to adjust it's memory pointers upwards by the extra length I put into the DUP file.