IGNORED

Basic Machine Language Routines

gobo

Hi

Does anyone know of one of those old Machine Language Routines (Like the one Analog use to publish), that will let you control the position of 2 player sprites horizontally in Basic during the intterupt? Kind of like in a horizontal Pong. Or of a Basic program that acheived this? I have an old Basic game that just reads the paddle value and draws the player there but its very jerky. It would be so much better/smoother if I could find this.

Hi

Does anyone know of one of those old Machine Language Routines (Like the one Analog use to publish), that will let you control the position of 2 player sprites horizontally in Basic during the intterupt? Kind of like in a horizontal Pong. Or of a Basic program that acheived this? I have an old Basic game that just reads the paddle value and draws the player there but its very jerky. It would be so much better/smoother if I could find this.

1018731[/snapback]

V_Blank_PM.zip

Hi

1018731[/snapback]

V_Blank_PM.zip

1018759[/snapback]

Thanks for the program. Been looking for something like that for a while. In this case though I was looking for one of those ML subroutines that keep running even after you stop the BASIC Program. So if I move the paddles, the sprites will still go back and forth (horizontally) even after I hit the Break Key. Right now the program actually uses a ML routine that moves the PM's with the Joystaick even after Break is pressed. I have always wanted it to use the paddles though. The routine you gave will let me really improve the ball though.

I've attached the program if you are curious. You need Basic installed.

Thanks again

Edited by gobo

Hi

1018731[/snapback]

V_Blank_PM.zip

1018759[/snapback]

Thanks for the program. Been looking for something like that for a while. In this case though I was looking for one of those ML subroutines that keep running even after you stop the BASIC Program. So if I move the paddles, the sprites will still go back and forth (horizontally) even after I hit the Break Key. Right now the program actually uses a ML routine that moves the PM's with the Joystaick even after Break is pressed. I have always wanted it to use the paddles though. The routine you gave will let me really improve the ball though.

Thanks again

1019516[/snapback]

Retry attaching file...............

Hi

1018731[/snapback]

V_Blank_PM.zip

1018759[/snapback]

Thanks again

1019516[/snapback]

"PROGRAM.090" on side B does what your asking. It's a "LOAD" file, although some of the others are "ENTER" files. Hmmm, go figure.

Basic_Turbocharger.zip

Many other routines to use on these disks. Have fun.

Edited by MrFish

Thanks alot!

Hi

1018731[/snapback]

V_Blank_PM.zip

1018759[/snapback]

Thanks again

1019516[/snapback]

"PROGRAM.090" on side B does what your asking. It's a "LOAD" file, although some of the others are "ENTER" files. Hmmm, go figure.

Basic_Turbocharger.zip

Many other routines to use on these disks. Have fun.

1019706[/snapback]