IGNORED

Got Myself A 5200!

Shawn

Hey All,

I got myself a 5200!! Got 2o some games and a system and all the hookups but no controllers :( I was asking in my other thread about 5200 controllers but now I need ANY sort of 5200 controller as I don't even have one right now so the system has to sit idle untill I get a joystick. I posted in the wanted forums also but I want one of these as fast a s possible so I thought I would throw it out into the 5200 forums also seeing as you guys are the crowd to be asking right ? ;)

Cheers,

Shawn Sr.

Well, if you don't mind the price, check out Best Electronics for some 5200 sticks.  A lot of the ones they have can be upgraded to the longer-lasting gold pads and the newer-rev. circuits.

1019392[/snapback]

I was looking at those but I really can't be spending a whole lot right now so I think I wanna find some run of the mill used ones for now and maybe upgrade to some referbed ones later. I think I'm gonna get the redemption adaptor to use 7800 controllers at some point anyhow so I think I wanna save my money for that instead of jumping right into top of the line 5200 sticks.

Well, if you don't mind the price, check out Best Electronics for some 5200 sticks.  A lot of the ones they have can be upgraded to the longer-lasting gold pads and the newer-rev. circuits.

1019392[/snapback]

I was looking at those but I really can't be spending a whole lot right now so I think I wanna find some run of the mill used ones for now and maybe upgrade to some referbed ones later. I think I'm gonna get the redemption adaptor to use 7800 controllers at some point anyhow so I think I wanna save my money for that instead of jumping right into top of the line 5200 sticks.

1019444[/snapback]

Just buy yourself one of the refurbed gold dot sticks from Best Electronics for now. For $30... it is worth it. A used known working one is going to be anywhere from $15-25... and you'll have problems with it SOONER than later if you use it much at all. The refurb gold dot comes with a warranty, and is top notch.

Someday I plan on refurbing the other 3 sticks I have using the gold dot package that MrRetroGamer sells (you can PM him here on AtariAge). But if you're going to buy your own stick... if it is already refurbed, it is going to be in spitting range of the Best Electronic stick... and if you're going to refurb yourself, it'll cost more, in the long run.

...Someday I plan on refurbing the other 3 sticks I have using the gold dot package that MrRetroGamer sells...

1019472[/snapback]

How much does he charge for each? I'm in the middle of getting 2 sticks right now. 1 works and 1 needs a new flex circuit.

1019660[/snapback]

Just get the Best Electronics ones. You'll save money in the long run...

Cheers,

Ben

...Someday I plan on refurbing the other 3 sticks I have using the gold dot package that MrRetroGamer sells...

1019472[/snapback]

How much does he charge for each? I'm in the middle of getting 2 sticks right now. 1 works and 1 needs a new flex circuit.

1019660[/snapback]

Just get the Best Electronics ones. You'll save money in the long run...

Cheers,

Ben

1019931[/snapback]

I suppose in my case, with the core fee for my three bad sticks, I really would save more by just going with the Best Electronic refurbs. Especially as I live near enough I could drive down and drop them off and save on shipping charges, too.

Well I just got 2 5200 controllers paid for. 1 that works great and one that needs work. I've never looked inside a 5200 controller before so maybe I might find it something I can get into playing around with. Might even use the dead controller just for parts and build an arcade stick out of it.